Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Highway Patrol Adopts Sig P320.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Dawson sights often need fitting, so I had Robert Burke install them.

On my 320 C upper, the 9mm P series HD sights regulate perfectly on my pistol. On another 320 C upper, I started with the Dawson 320 specific sights (check their website for dimensions as I forget now what they are), but they hit low. I replaced the 320 rear with the P series rear (.20 taller as I recall), and that fixed the POI.

I also have a full size, but I think the FS lower and Compact upper shoots better.
    Have you shot with 147gr using the HD sights? The reason I ask is that in the 320F, my 147 grain competition load prints about 3" higher at 25 yds than my 125 gr load (both ~130 power factor).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Have you shot with 147gr using the HD sights? The reason I ask is that in the 320F, my 147 grain competition load prints about 3" higher at 25 yds than my 125 gr load (both ~130 power factor).
    My 320 FS 9mm also shoots higher with WWB 147 grain ammo. This isn't the first 9mm I had shoot slightly higher with heavier bullets, just a guess but more dwell time in the barrel?

My main carry load is the Gold Dot 124+P, and the HD sights are well regulated for that. On the Compact with Dawson sights, the 320 specific sights hit too low for me with 115-147.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Necro-post here.

Hit the range last week and realized that the front sight of my P320 sub-compact is blurring out; I have a vary hard time seeing it.

Glasses prescription is over three years old, have an appointment next week, so if that's a factor I'll be correcting it, but I also want to try out different front sights, so...

Did anyone ever try one of these:
    Anyone try a Fisher XL sight tool?
    Price is low enough (especially compared to other designs!) to be practical for the home kitchen table gun smith/armorer, without going all WECSOG...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Link is broken for the sight tool, but if it's one of the cheap ones on that website I've used one. Last time I used it was on a custom 2011, not even joking lol worked good too!
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Link is broken for the sight tool, but if it's one of the cheap ones on that website I've used one. Last time I used it was on a custom 2011, not even joking lol worked good too!
    *facepalm*
    I had to go to the home page the first time, forgot...
    Standard Handgun Sight Tool - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher
    &
    XL Handgun Sight Tool - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher
    The XL is bigger to accommodate ghost rings and suppressor height sights.
    There are many similar appearing devices on Amazon, not sure which if any of them are made by Fischer.

ETA: A third device by the same folks: X2 Handgun Sight Tool - Sight Pusher Sight Pusher

ETA #2: This one, probably: AmazonSmile : Sight Master Sight Pusher Tool T1003 : Gunsmithing Tools And Accessories : Sports & Outdoors
    Last edited by Drang; 05-15-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The VP9 smoked everything in the Texas DPS test, so they needed to find a reason to take the Sig they wanted. Oklahoma decided to mandate that the magazine had to hold 17 rounds, which got rid of the VP9 before the test started.
    The 15 round capacity is the only head scratcher for me with e VP9. The price point is even a refreshing look from H&K.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    The 15 round capacity is the only head scratcher for me with e VP9. The price point is even a refreshing look from H&K.
    Shouldn't be a head scratcher issue. Can you get 17 rounds into the HK magazine envelope? Yes, you can. But....like everything else where you jam something into a space that's really too small, you create a less reliable machine and you wear it out sooner. HK magazines last forever and the reliability levels associated with their 15 shot 9X19 magazines are simply astounding. This bullshit of 17 rounds vs 15 rounds is just that. It's purely a psychological crutch used by the same penis thrashers who think having cool gear or lots of rounds will somehow make them competent in a fight...and it won't. If you select and train folks to a proper level of competence, then there is no actual performance difference between 8, 10, 15 or 17 rounds in the magazine, because the competent guys and gals haven't even approached the bottom of their magazine capacity to solve their street shooting problems.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 05-16-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Shouldn't be a head scratcher issue. Can you get 17 rounds into the HK magazine envelope? Yes, you can. But....like everything else where you jam something into a space that's really too small, you create a less reliable machine and you wear it out sooner. HK magazines last forever and the reliability levels associated with their 15 shot 9X19 magazines are simply astounding. This bullshit of 17 rounds vs 15 rounds is just that. It's purely a psychological crutch used by the same penis thrashers who think having cool gear or lots of rounds will somehow make them competent in a fight...and it won't. If you select and train folks to a proper level of competence, then there is no actual performance difference between 8, 10, 15 or 17 rounds in the magazine, because the competent guys and gals haven't even approached the bottom of their magazine capacity to solve their street shooting problems.
    hey Wayne, I need to come train with you

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    snip...
    Damn, Wayne, you need to learn how to let your feelings be known. Keeping it all inside is bad for you...

Seriously, though, I agree with you completely, Glock magazines are, in my world, expendable items, and get replaced very frequently. And, as always, Indians vs arrows.

I do think there's an argument for more capacity being better than less (all things equal), but disqualifying a competitor over one or two rounds is just a way to intentionally exclude some designs. I've read enough requests for proposals at this point (and personnel position descriptions) to be able to tell in a hurry what the buyers DON'T want, and, in a lot of cases, what they're MANDATING without doing a sole-source solicitation.

User Tag List