Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

A high point found mixed in with poop paper. Where it belongs. (Illegal aliens typically don't flush used toilet paper. And we have to search everywhere. We have found over $10k in poop paper piles... Nasty part of the job.)

And a Taurus in the trash, where it belongs. At least not much poop paper this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    A high point found mixed in with poop paper. Where it belongs. (Illegal aliens typically don't flush used toilet paper. And we have to search everywhere. We have found over $10k in poop paper piles... Nasty part of the job.)
    OK, why don't they flush the paper? I'm guessing they are used to septic systems?

I'm actually surprised at the number of full auto firearms. Where are these guns coming from? I doubt they are in the civilian Class III circulation? With this much real military ordinance on the street, it makes me wonder why anyone in DC or Sacramento cares about the couple semi auto ARs I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    With this much real military ordinance on the street, it makes me wonder why anyone in DC or Sacramento cares about the couple semi auto ARs I own.
    They don't expect you to vote for them.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I found a semi auto S&W at the bottom of a bathtub full of dirty water in a crack house. Fortunately it was stainless steel. I've had to search the poop paper cans too.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    OK, why don't they flush the paper? I'm guessing they are used to septic systems?.
    You are correct. In Mexico, the septic won't handle paper. The closer you get to the border, the more you see this everywhere. Like in resturants and such. I was in one load hide where they had no trash can, so they dropped the poop paper in the tub. Old stank poop paper picked 4 ft high in the tub, and no AC in the house. We have also seen folks locked in a shed with a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket as the only toilet for 20 people. NASTY....

Why do I do this job? Someone remind me....
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Can't you weld a barrel extension/shroud on? Like a fake can? Bring it back up to 16"....
    I think the thing to remember is that this thing was sitting in our property room and couldn't legally be owned or transferred to ANYBODY. More than many PD's we tried pretty hard to work with people who appeared to be honest, square john citizens, but that didn't extend to having a full service gun smith shop in the property room, nor would we have likely been willing to have one our guys transport it to a local gunsmith and sit there while the work was done, even if one of them had been willing to do it.

Most PD's would say you aren't getting your gun back, you can get a copy of the police report for your homeowner's insurance though. I do remember a ratty ass 870 Wingmaster that came in with barrel cut off flush with the mag tube. Again we actually had a local owner that had a serial number and such when it was stolen. When the owner called, one of the property room techs said "Forget it, it's a sawed off shotgun." He came to the PD, politely pled his case, and one of the Sgt.'s went to the property room, unscrewed the barrel, and gave the guy the rest. He wrote a very nice letter to the chief, apparently it had belonged to a deceased family member and it was important to him.

Apparently the owner had even contacted ATF, who told him he couldn't do the SBR paperwork retroactively. Since we had MP-5's at the time, and thus had armorers, and HK parts were worth money, I think they were floating the idea of stripping the gun for him and giving him what they could, which is alot more than he would have gotten from many Pd's.

Why do I do this job? Someone remind me....
    It's reminding me why I don't....

Please tell me those are going to a museum...

Unfortunately being nice and permanently modifying someone's property is grounds for getting sued or complained on for intentionally damaging property. It's one thing to not give something back, these days it's just not smart to damage property and give it back. No good deed goes unpunished. Not to mention a lawsuit or complaint like that could be a major credibility problem in court.

Taking the barrel(s) off of a shotgun that is part of its normal disassembly isn't a big deal, especially if it's listed on the property tag as a separate items. Chucking an MP5 in a jig and knocking out the barrel pin is not going to happen. Plugging barrels, crushing them in a vise, or welding extensions on them is out of the question.

Site Supporter
    Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Unfortunately being nice and permanently modifying someone's property is grounds for getting sued or complained on for intentionally damaging property. It's one thing to not give something back, these days it's just not smart to damage property and give it back. No good deed goes unpunished. Not to mention a lawsuit or complaint like that could be a major credibility problem in court.

Taking the barrel(s) off of a shotgun that is part of its normal disassembly isn't a big deal, especially if it's listed on the property tag as a separate items. Chucking an MP5 in a jig and knocking out the barrel pin is not going to happen. Plugging barrels, crushing them in a vise, or welding extensions on them is out of the question.
    Could it go to HK USA or an FFL/SOT for repair?

User Tag List