Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New 9 mm ammo testing

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Personally--and I think a lot of folks here would be of the same mind--I won't switch my carry ammo until you fully test the new stuff and tell us it is significantly superior to existing loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    What he said. If it hasn't got the good Doctor's recommendation, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    It is on the list:

I've started snagging ammo that Doc recommends (at least 250 per style, 500 if available). Never know when supplies will dry up (Federal Tactical 135+p is the best example I have of a load being available, then unavailable). If you have the funds, I'd stock up on multiples of various loads (you know to work in your weapon). And, as always, TEST YOUR CARRY AMMO IN YOUR CARRY GUN!!!

I'd pick one load that works well in your firearm, purchase 1000 rounds or so, then stop worrying about duty/carry ammo. It is the LEAST important part of the equation. Mindset, good initial training, ongoing practice, and a reliable weapon are all more important than what ammo to use...

Likewise pick ONE model firearm, get 2-3 identical weapons, then regularly practice with them for many years until fully mastered. Don't waste a lot of money and effort purchasing multiple different types of firearms that are never used to their full potential.

Spend your resources purchasing 25,000 rounds of practice ammo.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Site Supporter
    I'd pick one load that works well in your firearm, purchase 1000 rounds or so, then stop worrying about duty/carry ammo. It is the LEAST important part of the equation. Mindset, good initial training, ongoing practice, and a reliable weapon are all more important than what ammo to use...

Likewise pick ONE model firearm, get 2-3 identical weapons, then regularly practice with them for many years until fully mastered. Don't waste a lot of money and effort purchasing multiple different types of firearms that are never used to their full potential.

First thought - best advice ever.

Second Thought - please do not let my wife see this posting.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    First thought - best advice ever.

Second Thought - please do not let my wife see this posting.
    I buy a couple boxes a month of SD ammo. I cant afford to buy a 1000rds.

Likewise pick ONE model firearm, get 2-3 identical weapons, then regularly practice with them for many years until fully mastered. Don't waste a lot of money and effort purchasing multiple different types of firearms that are never used to their full potentia

This makes a lot of sense. I have been on this path for some time now.

Likewise pick ONE model firearm, get 2-3 identical weapons, then regularly practice with them for many years, after having received professional instruction, until fully mastered. Don't waste a lot of money and effort purchasing multiple different types of firearms that are never used to their full potential.

Fixed that for you.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    But do you have his number?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I do, we call each other regularly.............

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

There must be an inside joke on this, or a coincidence of a cringe worthy moment on another site.

User Tag List