Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New 9 mm ammo testing

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I've noted that Barnes version is one of the lowest recoil 9mm rounds I have ever fired. The first shot out of that box I launched I stopped and checked to be sure it wasn't a squib.
    How do you think the recoil compares to the standard pressure federal tactical 124 bonded or the 124 HST .

And you are talking about the Barnes marked box +P115 right .

Not Black Hills or Corbon DPX /TR , etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yes...
    Thanks to Josh at Barnes and a excellent moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How do you think the recoil compares to the standard pressure federal tactical 124 bonded or the 124 HST .

And you are talking about the Barnes marked box +P115 right .

Not Black Hills or Corbon DPX /TR , etc.

Yes, the Barnes loaded ammo. And it says +P on the box, but I not the velocity is only in the 1000s, most of the +P 115gr I have fired over the years is over 1200fps.

Recoil is kind of subjective, but the Barnes I shot recoiled less to me than the 115gr WWB I was also shooting that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Yes, the Barnes loaded ammo. And it says +P on the box, but I not the velocity is only in the 1000s, most of the +P 115gr I have fired over the years is over 1200fps.

Recoil is kind of subjective, but the Barnes I shot recoiled less to me than the 115gr WWB I was also shooting that day.
    It's amazing how they are able to get a 115 grain bullet to penetrate that deeply at those lower velocities, especially as much as these expand. Great bullet design.

The longer bullet length of the 115 Barnes ups the pressure, but it doesn't generate the additional recoil and blast you'd usually expect. I find the BHA loaded TAC-XP to be a soft shooter, the Corbon DPX less so. Test barrel lengths for the published velocities are all 4", IIRC.

Accuracy... I had the wind at my back the other day and fired a 25yd 10rd group of the BHA TAC-XP into a little under 4", 97-2X. POA/POI with my gen4 G17 and I-Dot Pros. I was pleased.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Barnes Tac-XPD is my new favorite carry load. Surprisingly little recoil even out of my Kahr PM9. It's performance across the board is excellent as well.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Barnes Tac-XPD is my new favorite carry load. Surprisingly little recoil even out of my Kahr PM9. It's performance across the board is excellent as well.
    I've shot it from the Shield into gel, made a few folks ask about it after their favorite rounds didn't do nearly as well.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've shot it from the Shield into gel, made a few folks ask about it after their favorite rounds didn't do nearly as well.
    I'd be interested in your results from that barrel.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Anybody worked up some good reloads with the Barnes 115gr bullet?

Would it be possible for the photo link in the original post to be updated please? Either way, thank you for the data.

User Tag List