Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotgun sights -- what kind and why

If I had my way.........the micro would go on the barrel with a low co-witness of the X/S barrel mounted sights. If only I was king. It would leave the receiver clean for loading and the barrel itself would be regulated to the sights, both electronic and hard mounted.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    If I had my way.........the micro would go on the barrel with a low co-witness of the X/S barrel mounted sights. If only I was king. It would leave the receiver clean for loading and the barrel itself would be regulated to the sights, both electronic and hard mounted.
    I feel like I have a new mission.
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    I feel like I have a new mission.
    Let me know if you want to collaborate.
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Let me know if you want to collaborate.
    Toward the end of summer I'm hoping to file the paperwork to SBS my 590. Since I'll be chopping the barrel and needing to silver solder a new front sight on anyway, it wouldn't take much more effort to throw a rail on the barrel too
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Toward the end of summer I'm hoping to file the paperwork to SBS my 590. Since I'll be chopping the barrel and needing to silver solder a new front sight on anyway, it wouldn't take much more effort to throw a rail on the barrel too
    You'll need the dovetail for the XS rear sight. Whether it's incorporated with your rail or as a separate entity.
    Chris T Abernathy
    Business Development Manager
    XS Sight Systems, Inc. | XSSights.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC

This intrigues me.

I was about to say, adapting something like the XS lever scout mount for the 870 wouldn't seem to be that hard:

Name:  top-rear-lever-scout.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  91.5 KB

I visited some family in NY and it got me thinking about getting a nice gauge set up. Thinking 14" mossberg 590 (I'm a lefty) with the magpul furniture and sling. Possible XS sites, possibly just a bead, MAYBE a rail with an optic. This thread is not helping

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

How'd I do?

Aimpoint is a bit too far back on the receiver--good way to give yourself a black eye...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List