Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns for Girls

She carries a Glock 22 on duty. Her preferred personal weapon is a S&W M&P9.

After struggling to find something she likes, my wife just fell in love with the VP9 at a recent HiTS class.

Darn you Wayne and Darryl. . . this could get expensive.
    David S.

Remington 870 in 20-gauge. Within the first fifteen minutes it was like she has been blasting clay pigeons and bad guys her entire life. That's for the house.

For out and about Kahr CW9/CM9.

-Rob

My girlfriend keeps a G19 handy, and really, really enjoys my Benelli M1 when we shoot long guns.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    After struggling to find something she likes, my wife just fell in love with the VP9 at a recent HiTS class.

Darn you Wayne and Darryl. . . this could get expensive.
    Welcome to the dangers of taking your bride to a class. Tom Givens cost me a whole shit-load of money when he referred to 9mm as ".380 Long Rifle"; my wife took that to heart and demanded to immediately upgrade to .40.

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    My girlfriend keeps a G19 handy, and really, really enjoys my Benelli M1 when we shoot long guns.
    Why does she like the Benelli so much? Recoil isn't too harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Why does she like the Benelli so much? Recoil isn't too harsh?
    I suspect the brisk recoil is why she enjoys it.

Tangent: I don't find the M1's recoil any more unpleasant than any other auto loading shotgun I've shot. With proper push-pull, it doesn't really bother me.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Don't know if she "qualifies" for this thread, as she can't carry given our current residence...but she's expressed interest in carrying when we eventually move somewhere where it's permitted. Since May 6th I can't even carry anymore.

However, she owns and enjoys a SIG P226 Mk25. She determined a SIG P239, OWB, would work well as a CCW for many of her outfits as a loose blouse during warm months or jacket during cold months will cover it up nicely.

She's done some research on various holsters for tighter fitting outfits, and found that a mouse gun in a Flashbang would not conceal very well. So it seems that whenever she'd be able to conceal on body, she can carry as big as a P239 so she might as well. On-Body CCW does not seem to be an option when she's wearing a t-shirt, and she has expressed more than abhorrent disgust with the designs/looks of every CCW purse she's looked at........this, from a girl who wears a lockable security purse made for travel from bankers bag materials....it's not like she walks around with a Coach bag, or even owns one. So, for us guys who might not necessarily understand why women think most CCW purses are so ugly, I think that's at least a good demonstration of how bad they are.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Wife has recently adopted my G17. I came home one day not too long after some suspicious activity on our street and she was watering the flowers, G17 open carry.

Honorable mention: While I have tried to convince her otherwise, mom carries a Para Warthog in 45 ACP and is a better shot with it than I am!

Threads like this led directly to the creation of an over-the-top lacy, pink, obnoxiously girly website about handguns. That was my way of trying to kick a stupidly offensive stereotype about gun owners right in the fork. It did not help, though. Women who post in forums like this one are still functionally invisible, and women who speak up and point out that they are in fact part of the membership base still get called "atypical" or worse. Even though women are one of the fastest-growing demographics in the shooting community per the NSSF, and even though women comprise more than half of all newly issued concealed carry permits.

My significant other does not enjoy firearms like all us manly men do.

pax
    Kathy Jackson

User Tag List