Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning the SERPA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I was at Harper's Ferry in March for a FI recert course. Lots of the instructor cadre running up there sporting Serpa's. Just saying...
    Lots of guys do lots of things that aren't a problem right up until they are. Just saying.

Site Supporter
    I was at Harper's Ferry in March for a FI recert course. Lots of the instructor cadre running up there sporting Serpa's. Just saying...
    Did you read the thread ?

I'm sorry to say, but many LE "firearms instructors" including many in my own agency are pretty much just target graders.

The USAF bans the SERPA, the USMC issues it. Who actually uses pistols more - hint, it's not the USMC. FLETC and many other state, local and private training facilities prohibit the SERPA as well. The only reason CBP and USBP personnel can use SERPAs at FLETC and no one else can, is is CBP hit them in the wallet by asking if FLETC was going to buy them new holsters.

The SERPA meets my agencies requirements (covered trigger guard and one active form of retention) and we have Agents who use them - it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

I've personally destroyed or seen destroyed several standard SERPAs in weapon retention training.

But hey, do what you feel.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-27-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    I follow a few ex devgru guys on IG who are very dialed in gun guys and they use Serpas, boggles the mind.
    Defoor wanted to see everyone's holster before the start of his class last year. But he's rather outspoken on the Derpa.

I'm sorry to say, but many LE "firearms instructors" including many in my own agency are pretty much just target graders.
    Boom. Nailed it. There really should be a difference in LE "firearm instructors" and LE "range qualification officer". In my experience the ratio is heavily skewed towards the range qualification officers aka target graders.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    "Just sayin'" what? What knowledge bomb do you think you're dropping that hasn't been covered in the previous eleven pages?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I don't see what's wrong with the design. I like it. I actually carry AIWB with a serpa.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    NOOOOOO!

Please make it stop.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I don't see what's wrong with the design. I like it. I actually carry AIWB with a serpa.
    iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Did any of them run one on camera, per chance?

I'm mean, yea, it's in the trigger guard. But how do we know it's touching the trigger? Todd Jarrett can draw super fast without touching the trigger. Bunch of haters
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List