Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Desbiens Reverse Cant (RC) magazine pouch

The Desbiens Reverse Cant (RC) magazine pouch

Every now and then you run across a piece of gear that really knocks your socks off. Something that's just perfect. That happens to me less and less these days.

So there I was a couple of weeks ago hanging around at one of Tom Givens' classes with my friend, peer, and sometimes unwitting therapist WT Aprill, when he let me try out the Desbiens Reverse Cant (RC) magazine pouch. After working with it for a few hours I knew I had to have a few.

Desbiens Gun Leather is s small company run by Rhome and Belen Desbiens who are SUPER nice folks with old world personable customer service. I called them up after working with William's pouch over the weekend and ordered one mag pouch each for a Glock, a 1911, and an M&P.

Here's their site.

www.desbiensgunleather.com

The RC mag pouch essentially positions a spare magazine at an extreme rearward angle and is designed to be worn just off centerline. This works well for positioning gear forward of the hip points to optimize access for confined spaces, entaglement, and economy of motion. Here it is working with a Garrity Invictus, and a Clinch Pick. Nothing get's in the way of anything else.

For reloading off your back such as fending with an open guard or reloading in the bucket seats of a small vehicle, I haven't seen anything that comes close to this product.

And from a regular standing untangled reload, this pouch is extremely fast. It's like a competition pouch optimized for concealed carry. Hand placement is perfect.

Guys this product is to mag pouches as the Clinch Pick is to ECQ. Overall it's an essential.

Go buy some!

We are diminished
    As I commented elsewhere, those pics and SN's recommendation were all I needed. Just ordered four of these. Can't wait to try them out!

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Very interesting. I'll have to check that out.

I've had the opportunity to meet and talk with Rhome, super nice guy and he makes great carry gear and goes out of his way to accommodate his customers. SN- good pics and tutorial on the mag pouch.

Banned
    That is a great idea! At first I was shocked that someone had the idea to make a leather concealment holster similar to how Open and Limited shooters prefer to place their mags, and then I was shocked that it took so long for such an "obvious" idea to reach the market. I'll definitely be ordering one or two...

Site Supporter
    Sweet! S'narc just cost me more money.

South Narc,

Not to be too inquisitive, but how do you deal with having to undo your pants? My AIWB on the right side and the CP on the left make things difficult enough.

As an aside, Garrity made me a version of that mag pouch a year or so ago while we were still working on the Invictus. It is lower profile (takes up less belt space) and works well, but is not as severely canted, and is designed to go just behind the CP. I'll try and take some photos this week, but may have to wait till next week.

That IS the downside SLG if you have to drop trou. I'm running the buckle of a Wilderness belt at about 4 o'clock to get the holster, mag pouch and CP up front.

User Tag List