Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "that's it, short and sweet." (Boston LEO shot in the face)

"that's it, short and sweet." (Boston LEO shot in the face)

The first minute is tough....

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=20f_1427721428
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 03-31-2015 at 07:18 AM.
    #RESIST

Wow, that is an impressive level of ability to believe whatever you want. I wonder what circumstances would be required before the unseen cop-harasser would believe that police would be justified in shooting someone.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Wow, that is an impressive level of ability to believe whatever you want. I wonder what circumstances would be required before the unseen cop-harasser would believe that police would be justified in shooting someone.
    I'm guessing never. Denial and cognitive dissonance are powerful things.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I'm guessing never. Denial and cognitive dissonance are powerful things.
    It is neither denial or cognitive dissonance. The kid asking is well aware the officer was shot in the face first-he simply does not care.

The verbal stuff is merely the kid trying to express his hate for law enforcement to a man of the same profession on camera, whilst trying to sound 'legit'. To the wrong audience,perhaps he succeeded.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

These youths of a certain culture (regardless of race) are simply looking for problems. The "put your hands on me" thing is huge with them. There was a group of these youths in our indoor range a few months back. I noticed on the video monitor that they had their backs downrange and were posing with guns for pictures (fingers on triggers, etc). I opened the door and found a pistol (slide forward, mag in, finger on trigger) pointed in my face. I grabbed the pistol by the slide/dustcover and re-oriented it downrange and then onto the shooting table. The "fine young man" went ballistic screaming "how dare I put my hands on him." I ejected them from the range, but it was tense for a minute there. Same thing, though, he simply could/would not understand where he had done anything wrong. I, however, was massively in the wrong for "putting my hands on him."
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    These youths of a certain culture (regardless of race) are simply looking for problems. The "put your hands on me" thing is huge with them. There was a group of these youths in our indoor range a few months back. I noticed on the video monitor that they had their backs downrange and were posing with guns for pictures (fingers on triggers, etc). I opened the door and found a pistol (slide forward, mag in, finger on trigger) pointed in my face. I grabbed the pistol by the slide/dustcover and re-oriented it downrange and then onto the shooting table. The "fine young man" went ballistic screaming "how dare I put my hands on him." I ejected them from the range, but it was tense for a minute there. Same thing, though, he simply could/would not understand where he had done anything wrong. I, however, was massively in the wrong for "putting my hands on him."
    Good reason to update range agreement if it hasn't already been done.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    It is neither denial or cognitive dissonance. The kid asking is well aware the officer was shot in the face first-he simply does not care.

The verbal stuff is merely the kid trying to express his hate for law enforcement to a man of the same profession on camera, whilst trying to sound 'legit'. To the wrong audience,perhaps he succeeded.
    This ^^^^ exactly. You can't reason with unreasonable people.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

Well said.
    #RESIST

"This video has been removed by the user."

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Wow. Wow. Wow.

I don't have any experience with being a LEO, and what is must be like to be faced with this on a daily basis, so as a civilian, it boggles my mind there are people like this.

User Tag List