Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who carries a Weapon mounted light?

Who carries a Weapon mounted light?

So who carries a WML? if so what holster combo do you use? and what are your thoughts on this?

I was carrying an m&p .45 midsize and an x300 in a raven concealment phantom LC, I liked the setup and didn't find it to bulky, although the one thing I hadn't started using was a DG switch. Now that I am back to carrying glocks, I will probably start carrying an x300 again on my 17.

I really couldn't think of any cons, there was no change in concealment or comfortability, weight was negligible, and the WML was not a substitute for my handheld light.

Thoughts or opinions?
    Chemist.

As soon as my order comes in from raven concealment I will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

I currently own a Raven light carrier for a G17 with TLR-1. The G17 has been chopped and stippled by Boresight Solutions. It now eats G19 mags.

I also have a G19 with TLR-1 light carrier from Atomic Dog.

I find both easy enough to conceal, both have a surprisingly small footprint for what all they are carrying, and comfortable. The extra weight and size is negligible IMO.

Admittedly, I don't carry with a light attached daily ... yet. I might start though now I know it isn't a big deal.

I was carrying my Glock 19 with TLR - 3 in a raven concealment phantom LC IWB and loved the combo. The reason I stopped using it was the large open area around the trigger to accommodate the light and everything seeming to gravitate towards it. It's large enough I can pull the trigger with the pistol holstered.

About two months into wearing this setup I came close to having an ND. I was chopping down an acacia tree in my backyard and had a twig of the tree make it inside my button down shirt and into my holster. Upon inspection the twig had gone inside the trigger guard and out the other side with two thorns in front of the trigger. I had to pull the gun out of the holster while keeping pressure on the twig till I could safely clear the twig from the trigger guard. One of the thorns did a good number on my TLR-3's bezel while I was doing this.

After this happened I decided to go back to my old setup. I'm going to look at the CT Lightguard when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    As soon as my order comes in from raven concealment I will.
    Same here...should be hitting the production queue any time now.

Quote Originally Posted by aspect View Post
    Same here...should be hitting the production queue any time now.
    I'm probably a month or two away.

But I wait patiently.

I carry an X300 on my M&P's, in holsters I made as I felt the 17 weeks I waited for th first Raven was insane. Many of you are far more patient than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I carry an X300 on my M&P's, in holsters I made as I felt the 17 weeks I waited for th first Raven was insane. Many of you are far more patient than I am.
    I just place the order and forget about it LOL, but really I placed an order with Cane and Derby last week for a holster and some mag carrier, I can't wait to give it a try.
    Chemist.

Quote Originally Posted by willowofwisp View Post
    I just place the order and forget about it LOL, but really I placed an order with Cane and Derby last week for a holster and some mag carrier, I can't wait to give it a try.
    Yes, but when the wait time is long enough for both my gear and mode of carry to possibly change, patience doesnt cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yes, but when the wait time is long enough for both my gear and mode of carry to possibly change, patience doesnt cut it.
    Makes complete sense, there is always the used market too, but expect to pay a nice premium.
    Chemist.

User Tag List