Thread: LG 405 for J frame

LG 405 for J frame

Does anyone have the Crimson Trace LG-405 on a J Frame?
    Impressions thoughts for pocket carry?

I didn't like the increased size, and, more importantly, the rubber which tends to grab the inside of a pocket. I ended up going with the LG-105.

I also went with the 105. Same profile as the factory grip. Love it! To be fair I never held the 405 in person but knew I didn't want the extra size as my snub rides pretty much exclusively in pockets.

I pocket carry a M&P 340 with LG-405s on it. I'm not sure how you guys are noticing the extra 1/4" of rubber on the backstrap in terms of pocketability but I sure notice it when I'm shooting. It's designed to give a little and tame some of the recoil. That said I actually like the feel of my original Spegel Boot grips better.

I just ordered 405s yesterday because they were supposedly the best low profile CT grips to shoot. Not interested in pocket carry though. You might see them in the FSOT section if I'm not a fan.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Due to hand size I prefer an enclosed back of the grip on a j frame. Thanks for the input. Grips ordered. 215 off ebay including shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I pocket carry a M&P 340 with LG-405s on it. I'm not sure how you guys are noticing the extra 1/4" of rubber on the backstrap in terms of pocketability but I sure notice it when I'm shooting. It's designed to give a little and tame some of the recoil. That said I actually like the feel of my original Spegel Boot grips better.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Due to hand size I prefer an enclosed back of the grip on a j frame. Thanks for the input. Grips ordered. 215 off ebay including shipping.
    Can we get an update when you take them to the range?
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Sure...will do and if you decide you want to sell yours let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Does anyone have the Crimson Trace LG-405 on a J Frame?
    Impressions thoughts for pocket carry?
    Is that the larger grip that comes on S&W J frames? For J frames under 15oz I demand a 3 finger grip.

I don't shoot well with the boot grip with my left hand.

I pocket carry using a S&W 3 finger combat grip. about the same size as the CT larger grip

BTW I wear wrangler cargo shorts and they have large pockets compared to blue jeans

The 405s work fine for me for pocket carry. I can't shoot the 105s, or boot grips, too much gun, not enough grip.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List