Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fixed front with a variable optic?

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    This. I have a 6920 with a TR-24G in a Larue LT135 mount. The FSB is not an issue, either on 1x or 4x.

If you get near Texas you are welcome to borrow it and see what you think.
    thanks for the offer man!

I set up a Sabre carbine for deer hunting w a 2.5x Leupold UL w HD reticle for my 10-year-old nephew(why the VFH is set back). The front sight post bothered me, so I screwed it out and looked through the rest of the sight. Worked fine for me. That exit is from Barnes 55 TTSX.[IMG][/IMG]

BTW, I think that scope would handle 98 percent of Dayshift patrol rifle use.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    I set up a Sabre carbine for deer hunting w a 2.5x Leupold UL w HD reticle for my 10-year-old nephew(why the VFH is set back). The front sight post bothered me, so I screwed it out and looked through the rest of the sight. Worked fine for me. That exit is from Barnes 55 TTSX.[IMG][/IMG]

BTW, I think that scope would handle 98 percent of Dayshift patrol rifle use.
    I hunted with a 1-4x for years and lately a 2-7. But through all that; where I hunt, I never use more than 2X because it's ideal in these woods. I often wish I'd have saved $ and weight one of those Leu 2.5x.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Sorry for the delay.

Image through scope is at 1x.
    AKA: SkyLine1

thanks skyline. So after a very frustrating range day I am moving forward with dumping my red dot. It simply does not work with my eyes and I had an infuriating time even managing a 5" group at 100. At first I believed it was me until I pulled of the aimpoint and managed a 1 1/2" inch group with irons. Feeling like it was a fluke, I put the aimpoint back on and could manage under 5"again. Its been a year of struggling to use the aimpoint and I have decided to move in a different direction..

Have you tried Eotechs? I know for some folks the aimpoints don't work but the Eotechs do. Or the "prism" type optics from Leupold and Vortex--the Vortex is offered in 1x and 3x, where the 3x should work fine with an FSB

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    thanks skyline. So after a very frustrating range day I am moving forward with dumping my red dot. It simply does not work with my eyes and I had an infuriating time even managing a 5" group at 100. At first I believed it was me until I pulled of the aimpoint and managed a 1 1/2" inch group with irons. Feeling like it was a fluke, I put the aimpoint back on and could manage under 5"again. Its been a year of struggling to use the aimpoint and I have decided to move in a different direction..
    Also, are you sure that your aim point is mounted solidly?

I have a friends, Marine Corps trained in the pre-ACOG era, who just can't shoot an Aimpoint for shit. I don't know why, or how to train him to fix it, but it's a no go for him. He says he sees a crisp dot, etc but he shoots infinitely better with irons.

Quote Originally Posted by iakdrago View Post
    Also, are you sure that your aim point is mounted solidly?
    Yup. I think it's just one of those things... I can shoot variable, acog, irons, but honestly have a hard time focusing on the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I have a friends, Marine Corps trained in the pre-ACOG era, who just can't shoot an Aimpoint for shit. I don't know why, or how to train him to fix it, but it's a no go for him. He says he sees a crisp dot, etc but he shoots infinitely better with irons.
    My shooting buddy laughed when I told him the marine corps ruined me when it came to red dots. Glad to know I'm not the only one

User Tag List