Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst instructor EVER!

That was painful.

Muzzling, teacupping....................wow.

Wow, I guess I can forget about the class next month with Todd, I just learned everything I will ever need to know about shooting from the internet.

The bone support, teacup, weaver stance while using my iridium sights is awesome; especially after I have made my USP safe by decocking it.

I think someone needs to pull this guy aside and run him through an NRA Basic Pistol course......
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

FWIW, I haven't seen tea-cupping as part of the instruction for pistol craft in the USMC. We're taught both Weaver and Isoceles and the student decides which one to use, but tea-cupping I've never seen taught.

Also, as someone who is also double-E, it does by no means make you an instructor, or even mean that you fully understand the concepts behind what you're doing, let alone the actual proper mechanics and technique. All it means is you can put rounds downrange at 7-25 yards with good accuracy within substantially long time limits. Out of 400 points, 345+ is expert, and a serious pistolero will easily get over 385. I scored a 363, and that was years before I got into pistol craft on a serious level and started seeking instruction on my own time; before I really understood anything other than front-sight/trigger press.

In short, if someone is offering up their military pistol score as anything but a tertiary credential, then don't even bother giving them a second look because they're not worth their salt. It's like applying to an oil rig engineering job and titling your last job at the Exxon station as "Petroluem Distribution Engineer."

Any video I've seen from Expert Village on any topic has been ridiculous. Consequently, I can't decide if they are serious and just totally misguided or if they intend to be dorks just for laughs.

Jacqueline Smith, Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, and the other Angels are all graduates of the "tea-cup-shooting-grip" school... This EXPERT must have learned his craft by watching a lot of "nick at night" re runs.

(Did Bosley ever pack a gun, or did the ladies do all the shooting?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    GS,

any chance we can get a smiley with a pistol in his mouth?

That is what I felt like when I watch these things. The worst part is that I know better than to open the thread, let alone watch the actual video. But I do it anyway!!!

Is Expert Village an M. Night Shamalan creation. An uninformed shooting community segregated from the rest of the shooting world to protect them from progress and the strife that is sure to result from people learning things from each other.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    Is Expert Village an M. Night Shamalan creation. An uninformed shooting community segregated from the rest of the shooting world to protect them from progress and the strife that is sure to result from people learning things from each other.
    More gold
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Holy sh.t! This guy make my day.
    Frank B
    "You are not paid for what you do, you are paid for what you may have to do, and when that time comes, you will be highly underpaid."

User Tag List