Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of the Hipster Hunters (article)

Rise of the Hipster Hunters (article)

http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/iss...ipster-hunters

Recently, though, hunting has become a more relevant part of our country’s cultural dialogue. As the locavore movement—which stresses producing food locally rather than transporting it great distances to market—has gained acceptance among young, educated, and financially secure professionals, a new brand of sportsmen has begun taking to the field. These hunters head to the woods as participants in a larger conversation about the world and how to live responsibly in it; they seek meat free of steroids and additives,a reaction against the factory-farm-produced beef, poultry, and pork that crowds most grocery-store freezers. Likewise, they care little about scoring on Boone & Crockett or forking out the cash for an African safari; their interests skew more toward activism, creative pursuits, and pop culture. - See more at: http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/iss....awHu1Ypm.dpuf
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I can hear it now....

I'm FOR gun control... and I'm a HUNTER.

Just like when I spoke with the Superintendent of our local ISD about their gun policy he started his excuse with "I'm a gun owner". [insert eyeroll]
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I can hear it now....

I'm FOR gun control... and I'm a HUNTER.
    I'm picking up what you're putting down but.....we need to stay positive if we want to stay relevant.
    #RESIST

Tell you what. I bet the eco-hipsters won't leave a bunch of half-melted beer cans and other garbage at their hunt camps...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

It grieves me no end that deer hunting has turned, for many, into antler hunting, and into big business.

I just want to spend some quality time in the woods, and to shoot something tasty to turn into deer sticks. To quote my dad, "Boy, you can't eat horns."
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Tell you what. I bet the eco-hipsters won't leave a bunch of half-melted beer cans and other garbage at their hunt camps...
    ^This^
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

+1 I'll take new hunters anywhere we find them. Seems like some of the Alaska reality show homesteaders are like this.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've never understood throwing cans and glass into a fire. Leave it cleaner than you found it.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    +1 I'll take new hunters anywhere we find them. Seems like some of the Alaska reality show homesteaders are like this.
    Indeed. More people getting into shooting & hunting is a good thing.

Guns don't kill animals, men with beards do.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List