Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some one call Rob Leatham because you are in the Grip Zone

Bah, he only yelled once at the start, not all three times. Isn't that like a deduction or something?

I will say, someone at SA marketing is paying attention.

This stuff is aimed straight at the heart of noob shooters like me entering the marketplace in droves these days:

"When picking up the Mod.2™, shooters will find that critical aspects of the design have been fine-tuned. Mod.2™ ergonomics are a next-level experience that you have to feel to believe and understand. The entire interface between the shooter and the gun has been updated, while retaining the Point-and-Shoot characteristics that made it famous. Key features have been tweaked and enhanced to further enable effortless shooting. And you'll find that the overall package is now more concealable as well."

http://www.springfield-armory.com/re...ures/xd-mod-2/

ergonomics are a next-level experience that you have to feel to believe and understand
    Pure Zen enlightenment there.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Llando88 View Post
    "When picking up the Mod.2™, shooters will find that critical aspects of the design have been fine-tuned. Mod.2™ ergonomics are a next-level experience that you have to feel to believe and understand. The entire interface between the shooter and the gun has been updated, while retaining the Point-and-Shoot characteristics that made it famous. Key features have been tweaked and enhanced to further enable effortless shooting. And you'll find that the overall package is now more concealable as well."

http://www.springfield-armory.com/re...ures/xd-mod-2/
    Damn fine marketing and a reminder of why I really dislike Springfield Armory as a company. I admit their products are better built than Taurus, but their marketing practices have always been as bad or worse than Taurus and smack of lowest common denominator.

That said, the videos above are excellent.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Damn fine marketing and a reminder of why I really dislike Springfield Armory as a company. I admit their products are better built than Taurus, but their marketing practices have always been as bad or worse than Taurus and smack of lowest common denominator.

That said, the videos above are excellent.

-Rob
    Which is why their XDs are such best sellers when the HS2000 was not.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Jason is actually taller than 4 foot 1 in real life...:-)
    Yea, he is more like your height. All you need is for him to grow a little beard and he can join you and Jeff Gonzales in the Tactical Lollipop Guild. Everytime you and Jeff ran through the booth at SHOT I got startled.....you guys are closer than you appear.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Someone at Springfield is paying attention to the market. Their grip zone is one of the dumbest things I've seen on a pistol but at least it isn't rainbow or carbon fiber.

They have started offering the XDs "Essentials" kit that puts the price right in line with the Shield. The 9mm XDs also has three magazine size options just like the PPS. That sounds a lot like market research driven improvements to me. Their full size pistols seem to be super popular at various gun games. I've never heard of accuracy issues from their XD line. The biggest complaints I hear are difficulty getting parts and the stupid grip safety. But people still seem to be buying them and staying loyal to their brand.

I would be interested in seeing actual sales numbers/market share of their pistols.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I told Jason on the bookings of faces that he needs to get some 1911 GRIP ZONE grips made for his pistols.
    3/15/2016

That's pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Yea, he is more like your height. All you need is for him to grow a little beard and he can join you and Jeff Gonzales in the Tactical Lollipop Guild. Everytime you and Jeff ran through the booth at SHOT I got startled.....you guys are closer than you appear.....
    Us small guys have to stick together. We kept coming through your booth because your warbelt had enough stuff on it to outfit both of us:-)

User Tag List