Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Berreta "APX" Pistol

Berreta "APX" Pistol

Hey gang, I can't a recent article on the MHS contract that mentioned Beretta was possibly working on a modular design. Another post pointed me to the the
    Trademark page which is showing a new Beretta Trademark "APX" this is supposedly a pistol from the Trademark application.

Wonder if this will be a striker fired Beretta.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Wonder if this will be a striker fired Beretta.

Dave
    Beretta needs one to stay competitive. The casual shooters I see as an RSO associate "defensive handgun" with striker fired.

In ten years, I predict DA semiautos will share counter space with the SA revolvers .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

In ten years, I predict DA semiautos will share counter space with the SA revolvers .
    Doubtful, for a multitude of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The casual shooters I see as an RSO associate "defensive handgun" with striker fired.

This makes me sad, but is probably not far from the truth. They will end up next to the full size DA revolvers. We have an entire generation of shooters, and instructors, who think a Glock trigger is a good trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    Doubtful, for a multitude of reasons.
    Such as?
    Join FPC

I would fully expect Beretta to have a striker fired poly framed pistol in development. Quite honestly, and I'm purely guessing here, I suspect the reason they haven't unveiled one yet to be because they've had the M9 contract to keep the machines running, so there might have been less need to unleash a striker design for the citizen and LE markets. The way the military keeps talking about switching pistols, and with the military also seeming to have less pistol buying money overall, it wouldn't surprise me to see them start to make some moves to try to increase their share of other markets.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    This makes me sad, but is probably not far from the truth. They will end up next to the full size DA revolvers. We have an entire generation of shooters, and instructors, who think a Glock trigger is a good trigger.
    This is great news for those of us who know better.
    "Gettin' everybody to love me is a full time job..." - Kenny Powers

I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the APX is a 10.5 inch barreled pistol version of the ARX-160.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that the APX is a 10.5 inch barreled pistol version of the ARX-160.
    (facepalm!) That makes a hell of a lot more sense than the mindless drivel I posted earlier......

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    No bet.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List