Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: General Purpose 12 GA Semi Auto Shotgun

Do you have one set up for social work, LR? I used to love Col. Askins tales of the Rio Grande action including A5s flinging blue-whistlers...

Deadliest dove shooter I know uses a Light 12 w a 24-in. Skeet barrel. I suspect it would be right handy w Fed no.1 FC Buck.

Social A5s are some of my favorite weapons aesthetically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ignore Alien Orders

This will not help the OP as he needs a three-inch chamber, but one can buy a pair of Remington Model 11 guns (a licensed version of the Auto-5) and a few cases of shells for less than the cost of any of the new gas guns. I picked up a Model 11 with a Cutts compensator choke made in 1940 for $350. I dropped another $40 on parts (new fiber buffer and rivet, spare friction piece and springs, and some screws) to keep it running for the next 75 years.

If I was the OP, I would look for a Browning Auto-5 Magnum as it is three-inch capable. Once you get the hang of how to set the friction system for the loads, there is no better autoloading shotgun.

I've been thinking of buying a general purpose semi-auto 12 ga shotgun and while reading about shotguns in this section I found this thread.
    I do have a few questions for those in the know:
    Should I stay with the same type of shotgun for the same manual of arms? I have an 18.5" HK imported Benelli M1 Super 90 that I really like. So the self-defense shotgun is covered. Should I stay with a semiautomatic Benelli for the same controls?

I found a A400 28" barrel chambered for 3.5" locally for $1100. Seems like a good deal? Pic below.
    What about barrel length? There's a 24" Beretta 1301 available locally as well for $850.

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Beretta A400 Extreme Plus is an absolute shooting machine and recoils like a 410. Could not be happier with ours.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List