Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gel vs. Real World as relates to "yaw" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    understood. I was referring to the individual who said it was current practice.
    To this day I know guys stuck with agency issued ammo such as 55gr SP or 60gr TAP, who also may or may not have extra mags of green tip in their go bags just in case.

Optimal? No. Better than nothing? Very.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    To this day I know guys stuck with agency issued ammo such as 55gr SP or 60gr TAP, who also may or may not have extra mags of green tip in their go bags just in case.

Optimal? No. Better than nothing? Very.
    Advantage of green tip in those cases?:"I guess my training mags got mixed in with my go bag... Oops". Same can't be said with a few mags of Trophy Bonded Bear Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Advantage of green tip in those cases?:"I guess my training mags got mixed in with my go bag... Oops". Same can't be said with a few mags of Trophy Bonded Bear Claw.
    There are a lot of broke young coppers trying to pay bills and have a family. One can buy M913 and M855 at Wal Mart around here, use it for practice, and keep their practice magazines handy just in case, you know, practice breaks out somewhere.

One would have to search, and find in stock, bonded ammo on the internets, and then pay $1 to $1.50 per round, as opposed to .30 cents or so for the over the counter stuff.
    www.agiletactical.com

I frequently forgot to remove the dozen or so GI AR15 mags stuffed with M193 practice ammo from my call-out bag before going on shift....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I frequently forgot to remove the dozen or so GI AR15 mags stuffed with M193 practice ammo from my call-out bag before going on shift....
    I hate when that happens.

Although, I was lucky to have keys to the range, and a take-home car. My go to the range gear was always in the trunk. Also had an ammo can of 9mm
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List