Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which barrel?

With 16" barrels you're going to get some amount of POI shift either way. Whether the pencil barrel also will then "droop" more as heat builds up is something I've not seen documented well but many people claim to have experienced.

If I was intent on shooting a 16" barrel both suppressed and non (something I'm not in favor of, FWIW), this is the only way I'd fly. Provide, of course, that the mounting-device/muzzle-device was long enough to turn a 14.5" to a 16".

http://www.rainierarms.com/noveske-n...-5-switchblock

Thanks guys,I went with a BCM hammer forged govt profile midlength.

Our 16" carbines don't get suppressed, so LW barrels are on them.

The short guns have dedicated suppressors, so they have heavier barrels.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    With 16" barrels you're going to get some amount of POI shift either way. Whether the pencil barrel also will then "droop" more as heat builds up is something I've not seen documented well but many people claim to have experienced.
    My brother saw this firsthand at a long range class in Texas that he taught.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My brother saw this firsthand at a long range class in Texas that he taught.
    Not to discount his experience or your relating of same, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm looking for documentation of POI shit, how much, measurement of the deflection of the barrel, etc.

Until then, I think it's mostly theory based on the results seen and in the absence of quantification or relevant experience or education (i.e. metallurgy and engineering).

User Tag List