Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Trend of leaving M&P platform

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    You won't regret it. I've got JMCK AIWB and OWB holsters for the P09 you're welcome to try out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you very much for offer! One of my shooting friends/mentor owns Talon Tactical - he may give me the dirty look if I do not get one of his OWB holsters. Thanks again. I am excited about the CGW P09 though - first time I will get the gun from the gunsmith with all work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
    -unique circumstance involving the thumb safety that results in the gun not firing
    Dude that's kinda how safeties are supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The M&P is an outstanding example of how powerful the internet has become in the modern age of handgun selection....and more
    Well said.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Todd--recent LE M&P's without Apex parts seem quite shootable right out of the box.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Thank you very much for offer! One of my shooting friends/mentor owns Talon Tactical - he may give me the dirty look if I do not get one of his OWB holsters. Thanks again. I am excited about the CGW P09 though - first time I will get the gun from the gunsmith with all work done.
    I have a handful of his A10 s. Our family must have close to 10. I love those things.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Oils and Lotions SME
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Todd--recent LE M&P's without Apex parts seem quite shootable right out of the box.
    That has been my experience also.

My 151215 SKU has a very positive reset and shoots as well as a Gen 3 Glock 17 at 25 yards.

I recently picked up one of the new PVD coated guns (SKU 151215). The trigger is much better as far as reset. (It actually has one!) The trigger is a bit on the heavy side. If I could just lighten it a pound or two, I wouldn't need any Apex parts. And this from a guy who puts an Apex sear in all my M&P's. I've been told that the firing pin safety spring is now rated a bit harder and is what is increasing the pull weight a bit. I plan on checking with one of our armor's to see if they have any of the older springs laying around in a parts bin.

I have only shot this new M&P9 at 25 yds once. Group size was comparable to a pair of Gen4 Glock 19's I had with me. As I didn't measure the groups, I will not guess on the internet.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    I'd like some commentary from those who have experience with the M&P and who have moved away from it. What made you make that decision, and what did you move towards?
    AIWB carry. I wanted a hammer I could block. I still have most of my M&P pistols and I'd use them in a hearbeat if I needed to. Mine all work and are plenty accurate enough for my needs...and from an ergonomic standpoint they work better for me than Glocks or even a bit better than my P30s.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    AIWB carry. I wanted a hammer I could block. I still have most of my M&P pistols and I'd use them in a hearbeat if I needed to. Mine all work and are plenty accurate enough for my needs...and from an ergonomic standpoint they work better for me than Glocks or even a bit better than my P30s.
    +1

I love my M&P and it is far more accurate than I can take advantage of. Love the feel of it when shooting and handling. But, like TC, I carry AIWB, and though I tried for a couple of years, I could not quiet that voice in my head that said I am an idiot and there will come a time when I screw up, so I wanted something that helped with that issue. I thought for a good while about going to an M&P with a TS as the solution, but I just never liked the feel of the safety and on top of that, the full size gun was just a tad more than I cared to deal with. So I finally have made the switch to a P2000 and am glad I did, but that does not mean I dumped the M&P. I plan on keeping it around, just not as EDC.

I think TLG nailed this right on with his detailed response. S&W squandered an opportunity to displace Glock, during their extractor black days, when there were few viable alternatives. For another $20 of quality, the M&P could have been THE platform. Now, there are so many great options, even I can't keep up with all the great guns available.

I am struck that the tone some folks strike with "platforms," is with the level of gravitas I would associate with a decision on leaving their wife or job -- they are just guns.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List