So I've been reading posts on this forum for about a year and this is my first post. First let me tell you I am just regular guy with a regular job but I have a passion for firearms and I've been shooting and hunting most of my life. At 46 years old and now residing in Texas I have my CHL and I feel it comes with a great deal of responsibility it's more than just shoving a gun in my waistband and hoping it all works out if I ever need it. There are things like am I justified to actually use said gun, will I be able to get gun out of holster in time, just as important can i put gun back in holster without hurting myself or others, what's the best position for carry for me, will the gun I've chosen actually function if needed, will the ammo I've chosen be the right choice if needed, will I be able to make the shot, and I'm sure there is a lot more but those are just some of the things I could thing of right now. Now comes the thank you part Todd, Nyeti, Southnarc, Doc, Chuck and others have helped me make educated decisions about some of those questions I had. I purchased 2 HK pistols both LEM and in 9mm one P30 and a p2000sk. Both with HST 124+p or I also use Speer gold dots again 124+p which ever I can find available for ammo. I carry appendix with a Desbian #4 hardcore and really like the holster. I am planning on going to a class put on by the guys over at HITS the end of March and am super excited by all the knowledge I'll gain at that class. So for all of those that have helped me in my endeavor to become more proficient in the use of firearms and better able to protect myself and my loved ones I say THANK YOU! To be continued 😊.
Rick