Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canyon Creek 4P XDM 5.25 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is it. There is a vid online that explains the twisting motion you do.

It is extremely effective.
    Interesting. Googling.
    #RESIST

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That is it. There is a vid online that explains the twisting motion you do.

It is extremely effective.
    These bars are color coded according to the level of resistance.

The one you have is rated for pediatric and geriatric group.

Canyon Creek 4P XDM 5.25 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I got to play with a #GripZoneTM Mod 2 mk. IV at the fun shop. Kinda cheesy and I probably wouldn't shell out extra bucks for it. The XDs 4.0 however....now that looks interesting.
    Someone on this forum needs to do a 2,000 round test on the 4.0. I've shot a few of the 3.3's in both calibers. I like how they shoot but don't know about reliability yet. Shooting my Shield frustrates me. Can't seem to master the trigger.

I forgot to ask, what is the difference between the factory Tactical and Competition XD? They both seem to be really popular around here.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    These bars are color coded according to the level of resistance.

The one you have is rated for pediatric and geriatric group.
    Yep, that is intentional. Are you by chance a P30 shooter?

I tune the Thera Band to the power factor and recoil impulse of my gun/ammo combination, which in the case of the XDM 5.25 is quite light. I only go to the heavier duty Thera Band when I plan to shoot my P30.

Site Supporter
    I'm confused. What happened to your CZ Shadow? I thought that was the pinnacle of competition guns...

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'm confused. What happened to your CZ Shadow? I thought that was the pinnacle of competition guns...
    It still is.

It's nice to know there is someone who has gun ADD worse than me.

The potential of the XDs seem to be marred not so much by how well they shoot, but by how well they stay together-at least in serious LEO trials to date. And if/when they experience vicissitudes, how timely repairs can be effected due to the protracted supply line stretching from Springfield to Croatia.

And then there's the grip safety operation/limitations which can make it effectively limit its LEO desirability (among others).

I don't own one, and I don't hate them. I have a number of friends in IDPA that shoot them extremely well. Personally, however, if I'm going to go with an "outlier" pistol/platform, I'd be far more inclined to play with a Cee Zed PO7 or PO9, or one of the FN FNS variants. Realistically, I'm trying to withstand the siren song of tempting outliers, and concentrate on my Glocks (and, for a significant part of the year, my personal bete noir, my 1911s...

But kudos to you for running one and reporting the good/bad/ugly.

Best, Jon

Yep, that is intentional. Are you by chance a P30 shooter?

I tune the Thera Band to the power factor and recoil impulse of my gun/ammo combination, which in the case of the XDM 5.25 is quite light. I only go to the heavier duty Thera Band when I plan to shoot my P30.
    Understood. I heard that XDm should be handled lightly anyway, otherwise funny things may happen. Is there by chance any truth to that?

User Tag List