Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help identify a holster..

Help identify a holster..

..without pictures or names. I was at a class yesterday and a guy had a setup I really liked and left before I could talk to him. It sat kinda low and stuck out away from the body (which is what I want) it looked to be some kind of aluminum mourning system that had like 1/2" spacers in between the mounting deal and the actual holster. Looked like you could adjust can't with it too. I know this is vague and I'm sorry but does this ring a bell to anyone? I'm trying to buy a mounting system that puts its out a little from my body and not hug tight like a normal OWB. I was gonna get a kydex mold to mount on it because I know they won't be selling one for a VP9.

Think for yourself. Question authority.

YES!! I just found that out and was coming back to post. It doesn't look like they sell all the parts you would need to build your own, or am I not looking in the right spot? There website only has a few small things listed under the "hardware" category

I think I found the parts. My internet skills are really lacking today.

Site Supporter
    Pretty sure I have some extra hardware in a drawer if you need it.

I guess it depends what you wanna build. The G-Code parts are popular among holster makers other than G-Code. You may have seen a lesser known holster maker's stuff. I am not the biggest G-Code fan but people are making some cool stuff with it.

Natchez had a bunch of G-Code stuff on closeout, and I picked up a holster and magazine pouch for the M9 really cheap. I moved it shortly thereafter - it was serviceable but in the end I preferred another holster.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I'm just looking for something that doesn't hug me. I'm slightly over weight and after a class or a long day of shooting my hip hurts from my hand dragging beside it from holstering/drawing so I wanted something away from the body but still belt mounted. The current flavor of the month for me is the VP9 and nobody makes a lot of holsters like what I want for it. My good freind makes kydex holsters so I thought I would just try and find a mounting system like I wanted and have him build me a shell.

Do you recommend anything else similar to this?

That's probably the best route. If you change guns most of your hardware is still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    The current flavor of the month for me is the VP9 and nobody makes a lot of holsters like what I want for it.
    It seems like all you need/want is a dropped and offset attachment for a holster for a VP9. The gun has been out for a while, and I'd think the big kydex makers would have something. Here are some of the usual suspects for that type of holster. All offer dropped and offset attachments and holsters for the VP9.

Blade-Tech with the dropped and offset attachment http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php...4#.VMU2zkuvvHg

Comp-Tac International http://www.comp-tac.com/competition-...-holster-10241

Garrett Industries http://www.giholsters.com/mounting-options/

User Tag List