Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rechargeable duty flashlights-what are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    IMHO the Estrella is the best night shift cop light ever made. It's that good.

If one can get access to the Gov-X site then pricing is more like $129
    Chuck pointed me at this light. Had it about four months or so working nights. Awesome light.

FYI you can get the $129 price by emailing the company and telling them you are LE. They emailed me the discount code.

I still use a Streamlight Ultrastinger. Ive used this same light since I became a cop about 7 years ago, and I like the decent light output (its not as much as some of the new LED lights) and the size. I like being able to tuck it under my armpit when im talking to a driver and its length is nice if you want to hit something. I always have a non rechargeable light on my duty belt as a backup though. I currently carry an Elzetta Bravo or Charlie model on my belt.

I'm using a Streamlight Polystinger DS for my main duty light. I have some Gerber "cortex" thing that I was given for T&E as my backup light.

I think the Streamlight Stinger DS LED HL probably has the best balance of performance, reliability and price.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I think the Streamlight Stinger DS LED HL probably has the best balance of performance, reliability and price.
    For a program light I would agree. My old job went that route since we could get chargers into all of the cars, belt holders for the people who wanted them, guys could buy their own back-up light and have two on hand in case they got stuck on a long term scene like directing traffic for a few hours, etc.

Even so, the more I use the Estrella the better I like it. It's a very flexible general purpose and effective light.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I have the LE code for the Estrela. Now I'm just waiting for them to be in stock on the website.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List