Thread: David Gregory almost got busted for a hi-cap on the tube!

Site Supporter

David Gregory almost got busted for a hi-cap on the tube!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...0.html?hp=c2_3

Nice to be a star. But he's fired now. I would have loved the trial.

For those who don't know the story - Gregory was waving a 30 round mag on his show from DC. That is obviously a threat to the nation.

The interesting thing to me is that NBC News knew about the D.C. law, requested an exemption for the story, was denied the exemption, and still waved the contraband around the studio. Yet there was no prosecution.

Site Supporter
    ".... high magazine clip."

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    For those who don't know the story - Gregory was waving a 30 round mag on his show from DC. That is obviously a threat to the nation.
    Now, now... Remember your Alinsky: "RULE 4: Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” and "RULE 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I broke rule 1 of the 'net by reading the comments. Further, I broke rule 2 by replying to a comment. Basically, someone said "for display purposes is ok" and I told them that D.C. bans the mag no matter the intent, that D.C. Metro told Gregory and his employers that it was illegal to have the mag, and they defied the law anyways while I've read reports of FOPA being ignored for someone who was just passing through the area and got hemmed up by the cops. Quite the double-standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by will_1400 View Post
    I broke rule 1 of the 'net by reading the comments. Further, I broke rule 2 by replying to a comment. Basically, someone said "for display purposes is ok" and I told them that D.C. bans the mag no matter the intent, that D.C. Metro told Gregory and his employers that it was illegal to have the mag, and they defied the law anyways while I've read reports of FOPA being ignored for someone who was just passing through the area and got hemmed up by the cops. Quite the double-standard.
    Now don't go harshing on NBC. After all, without double standards they wouldn't have standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Now don't go harshing on NBC. After all, without double standards they wouldn't have standards at all.
    Well I'm dumb enough to try to argue logic with the commenters. Even if I don't win over the morons, at least I'll get the chance to win over the moderates who might happen upon the argument. Apparently, some of the mental midgets think D.C. allows high-cap mags "for display purposes" but for the life of me, I can't find such an exemption in the laws of D.C. And someone else said "well it would be a waste of taxpayer money to prosecute David Gregory". Ignoring the irony and obvious logical extension that prosecuting Average Joe visiting family by way of D.C. who is protected by FOPA but hemmed up anyways is a waste of taxpayer money... I stated that Gregory and his employers were informed that displaying a 30 round magazine is illegal (fact backed by an affidavit recommending his arrest, publicly available thanks to FOIA) but chose to blatantly ignore the law anyways, and then compared it to someone telling the cops they intend to sell crack, being told it's illegal, doing so anyways, getting busted, but given a free pass.

Not expecting logic to suddenly grow in the mental midget's I'm engaging, but I'll go for the collateral win in the observers who aren't a fanatical seeing the other side make themselves out to be idiotic hypocrites.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

User Tag List