Page 106 of 110 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1094

Thread: Current state of the AK

Recreator is getting into the AK12 parts business. It will be interesting to see what he does for the more intricate parts like the rear sight. Will he make the older slider type or the new diopter? What about the furniture? I assume the forend could be made from some sort of 3D printed material. What about the pistol grip and the stock?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Woodstock! No - not that hippie thing but https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sh...-retro-rifles/

Following a trend to make your guns look nice! Avoid the EBR look in court! Avoid the AWBs.

So we get wood stocked ARs, Lever action ARs, Pump ARs and normal looking rifles with AR mags.

Not betting on Clarence to void all those gun bans in place or to come (cloud yelling at Clarence, one of my hobbies when not reading Culture magazine with the 60 best cheeses).
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Woodstock! No - not that hippie thing but https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sh...-retro-rifles/

Following a trend to make your guns look nice! Avoid the EBR look in court! Avoid the AWBs.

So we get wood stocked ARs, Lever action ARs, Pump ARs and normal looking rifles with AR mags.

Not betting on Clarence to void all those gun bans in place or to come (cloud yelling at Clarence, one of my hobbies when not reading Culture magazine with the 60 best cheeses).
    I think you are missing the boat here. Retro ARs are now cool and retro AKs have always been cool (one reason a history geek like me shifted my shooting interest to the AK platform from the AR - no AK guy has ever told another AK guy they were going to get “killed in the streets” for rocking a wood stocked ChiCom Type 56 instead of the latest rail system with cowitnessed IR designator). Very early Armalites sported wood furniture in addition to their sexy carrying handles. These wood stocks are targeted at the retro crowd and not at anyone thinking they are going to avoid prosecution for having wood on their rifles.

Site Supporter
    Babylon Bee had a video about gun myths and one segment was an AR vs wooden Mini and the narrator said the difference was the AR was black! But what do I know - my Mini is a black synthetic, stainless! Don't have a wood stock on any long arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Babylon Bee had a video about gun myths and one segment was an AR vs wooden Mini and the narrator said the difference was the AR was black! But what do I know - my Mini is a black synthetic, stainless! Don't have a wood stock on any long arm.
    The general consensus a while ago was that minis shot tighter groups with the synthetic stocks than the wood due to tighter fit. I shimmed my wood stock (amongst other things) and found it did tighten the groups - so there you go….

Now in true retro fashion my Mini is rocking a folding stock just like Hannibal Smith intended…….

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It looks like Kalashnikov USA is finally about to start KR-101 production. Rifles can be pre-ordered now and should ship in two or three months. Full production rifles should then be available sometime after.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/...AJGc%3D.U7g3P7

Have you heard much as to whether or not KUSA has successfully addressed their QC issues?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The general consensus a while ago was that minis shot tighter groups with the synthetic stocks than the wood due to tighter fit. I shimmed my wood stock (amongst other things) and found it did tighten the groups - so there you go….

Now in true retro fashion my Mini is rocking a folding stock just like Hannibal Smith intended…….
    I prefer Hannibal Lecter as a role model. P-F diversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Have you heard much as to whether or not KUSA has successfully addressed their QC issues?
    I was just wondering exactly the same thing.

I could definitely be "in" for any one of their products, but the latest QC/QA problems are keeping me away.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I was just wondering exactly the same thing.

I could definitely be "in" for any one of their products, but the latest QC/QA problems are keeping me away.
    Yep - the #1 reason there is a 762x39 Beryl in my safe and not a KUSA AK103….

Law of averages would still seem to apply with all these. The PSA guns seem to have more problems than the KUSA but that's probably also because PSA outsells KUSA by a pretty wide margin.

Aside from some kind of hard reliability problem I do wonder how much of this is picky new AK owners. Shooters who may not realize that the selector is going to wear the paint or that casings will scratch the dust cover. Plus I think some of the forums love to blow issues out of proportion or spread hate just because they can.

I'm not saying there aren't problems. I guess I'm more cautiously optimistic than anything.

User Tag List