Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Back into the 1911s

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    No doubt a fine setup.

On the other hand, Wilson makes the standard 47, a full size 7 rounder (which of course, could be the mag in the gun pictured). They also offer the 47 HD/+P mag http://shopwilsoncombat.com/1911-Mag...info/47C%2DHV/
    The Tripp kit is a great way to salvage old 47's. I believe the Tripp follower, with its' steel slide lock engagement, is darn near bulletproof.

JMB would have undercut the trigger guard had Iowa been invented at the time and Brownell's files had had a home.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

You live, you learn. Never expected to find out that people dislike undercuts. I myself disregarded such semi-custom offerings like Springfield Pro or C&S Trident just because of that. Go figure.

Just curious why some people don't like undercuts? How does it effect things?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You live, you learn. Never expected to find out that people dislike undercuts. I myself disregarded such semi-custom offerings like Springfield Pro or C&S Trident just because of that. Go figure.
    Not very familiar with the Trident, but the Pro is a true custom gun. Hand built, hand checkered, etc. If you want an undercut, they will do it.

Just checked for fun, and minus any refinishing needed, it looks like it costs $75.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-25-2015 at 01:48 PM. Reason: price check

While certainly a custom gun, isn't the Pro built to a certain spec? If you aren't getting all the features of the Pro, you are still getting a custom Springfield, but they don't call it a Pro. That's always been my understanding at least.

Now that you're back from the darkside, maybe they'll be a report on your Springfield TRP?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    While certainly a custom gun, isn't the Pro built to a certain spec? If you aren't getting all the features of the Pro, you are still getting a custom Springfield, but they don't call it a Pro. That's always been my understanding at least.
    True story: I hesitated for years over changing the grip panels on my PC9111 for this exact reason, which is about the dorkiest thing ever.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

If you want an FBI Pro, then yes, it is a specific spec. If you want to modify it though, they will happily do it. Same build quality, spec'd out how you like it. Not sure if they mark it pro or not, but I've never cared much about the writing on the side, just how it's made. Wilson has a bazillion models, but they will alter just about anything to be exactly how you want it. Same with SACS.
    Last edited by SLG; 01-25-2015 at 03:48 PM. Reason: grammer

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    Just curious why some people don't like undercuts? How does it effect things?
    Yeah, I'd like to second this question. Lack of one isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it's a definite preference.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Not very familiar with the Trident, but the Pro is a true custom gun. Hand built, hand checkered, etc. If you want an undercut, they will do it.

Just checked for fun, and minus any refinishing needed, it looks like it costs $75.
    I don't mean to be a dick, but Pros arent hand checkered any more than I'm a liberal progressive.

User Tag List