Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The single stack striker fired pistol HK should have introduced

With the overall trend of carry laws moving toward shall-issue, there will be more and more people in less-free states that may soon be able to carry but still suffer from mag restrictions. Full-compact single stacks like the P225 or VP7, or whatever it's called, seem very appropriate for up coming potential markets like CA.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Any particular rigs you prefer? I've been more and more interested in OWB carry lately, for pretty much the same reasons as you, but the last OWB holster I bought was a turd.
    I know you're not asking me, but when I started doing OWB it was with a Cane & Derby Pardus, for a CZ 75B. The way they do the belt loops is unique as far as I know and are designed to pull the butt of the gun towards you. Great for concealment but I had to be careful while holstering (as one should anyhow) lest I get skin caught between the holster edge and the gun's safety. That hurt a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    The advantage of single stack guns is less about concealment and more about control of the weapon during firing.
    <snip>
    I actually am largely turned off by recent single stack guns, too sub-compact, defeats the purpose of driving them easier.
    This is true for my fiancee also. She has itty, bitty hands--a CZ-75 or the VP9/PPQ barely fit her with the small panels. And the lever magazine release really works incredibly well with her short fingers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    This is true for my fiancee also. She has itty, bitty hands--a CZ-75 or the VP9/PPQ barely fit her with the small panels. And the lever magazine release really works incredibly well with her short fingers too.
    Same for my daughter. For her, the PPS is nirvana is a carry gun because of her short fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Same for my daughter. For her, the PPS is nirvana is a carry gun because of her short fingers.
    I've come to appreciate the lever release too. It also gets rid of that subliminal "did the mag release button get accidentally pushed" thoughts.

What is interesting is that with my gorilla hands (2+ inches longer than hers), I can still run and shoot "her" guns, except for her P232 where my hand sits so high the slide rubs my hand and causes the gun to misfeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyGreen View Post
    With the overall trend of carry laws moving toward shall-issue, there will be more and more people in less-free states that may soon be able to carry but still suffer from mag restrictions. Full-compact single stacks like the P225 or VP7, or whatever it's called, seem very appropriate for up coming potential markets like CA.
    Not likely with micro stamping requirement.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    She could do a lot worse than a Walther PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Any particular rigs you prefer?
    http://www.mitchrosen.com/products/h...belt-holsters/

The PRES-FD (used to be called the 5JR Presidential) is, hands-down, the most efficient and comfortable OWB holster I've ever tried. It has all the features Dr. No talked about, plus the "offset construction" means the gun butt is tucked in- I mean REALLY tucked in- for max concealment. Plus, his V mag pouch is the best in the business, IMO. In 30+ years of professional carrying, I've gone through a metric shit-load of holsters; this one is the crown jewel of that lot. Downside; it takes quite a while to get broken in. Its worth it.

I foolishly sold my 5JR and pouch for my HK45C when I "went" to IWB. I'm about to order replacements, because the wife wants us to go to GunSite and they don't allow IWB holsters in the 250 class.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by abu fitna View Post
    A concept mockup for an modernized P7 based on the VP9.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...ck-2015-a.html

Excellent work by the OP on the design and visualization.

If only I could say shut up and take my money.
    Just when I thought I was over my gun hipstering... I would be on that thing like white on rice.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I've come to appreciate the lever release too. It also gets rid of that subliminal "did the mag release button get accidentally pushed" thoughts.

What is interesting is that with my gorilla hands (2+ inches longer than hers), I can still run and shoot "her" guns, except for her P232 where my hand sits so high the slide rubs my hand and causes the gun to misfeed.

Same here. There was a definite reason why I got one for myself.

User Tag List