Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt O4662XSE 1911 XSE 9mm release date?

Colt O4662XSE 1911 XSE 9mm release date?

Does anyone know the approximate release date for
    Colt O4662XSE 1911 XSE Lightweight Commander 9mm?

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    I searched google and all I could find was sometime in 2015 from Colt's website. Sorry couldn't be more help.

http://www.colt.com/ColtintheMedia/P...-for-2015.aspx

Not surprisingly my LGS doesn't know anything about it. Guess all of us interested in this model will have to listen and wait.

I think I want one of these for a base project gun.

I hate all of you. I'm living in NYistan, the Vampire State where taxes suck you dry, in a house that's been falling down around my ears since we moved in. I DO NOT need to hear that Colt (on our agency's approved personal weapons list) is putting out a lightweight Commander 9mm, especially after all the issues I've had with Glock recently.

So, Lightweight Commander 9mm summer gun, Rail Gun .45 ACP winter gun... Momma's going to divorce me for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    So, Lightweight Commander 9mm summer gun, Rail Gun .45 ACP winter gun... Momma's going to divorce me for sure.
    Let me know when you need to sell those two off to pay for the divorce. I'd be willing to help a brother out.....

While I don't personally care for the series 80, I'm willing to overlook it in a LW 9mm Commander.

I was looking into one of these myself and from what I'm reading elsewhere it sounds like they're using non-ramped barrels in the 9x19 models. Most companies use ramped barrels in 9mm 1911s no? Is this known to be an issue in a 1911, especially when using non-FMJ ammo?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I was looking into one of these myself and from what I'm reading elsewhere it sounds like they're using non-ramped barrels in the 9x19 models. Most companies use ramped barrels in 9mm 1911s no? Is this known to be an issue in a 1911, especially when using non-FMJ ammo?
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Colt has ever used any ramped barrels in their 9mm 1911s.

I hope the guys at Colt don't even know how to make cuts for a ramped barrel in a 1911 frame in any caliber. Somethings, just shouldn't be messed with.

I wish colt did a 9mm rail gun. Oh well

User Tag List