Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Gun Disarm Techniques

Best Gun Disarm Techniques

I am doing Krav Maga and have learned two disarm techniques.
    1) Gun in back, arms up, rotate, lock gun arm, pound away on them with elbow/fist/kick until I can reach over and pull gun from hand.
    2) Gun held at head, use arms to push gun arm up and left or right, moving head away from muzzle, kicking in groin, and elbow, rotate into gun arm and remove gun.

I am sure there are a lot of other types and methods. It is an area I want to learn a lot more about.

Please post your favorite gun disarm methods.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Sorry for the quick derailment but it that an actual incident ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Sorry for the quick derailment but it that an actual incident ?
    Yup.
    #RESIST

Since I lack any physical fighting training or skills, I'm pretty solidly in LL's camp of "Shoot them in the face or have them mauled by a dog"

Honestly even if I knew how to (physical training is certainly an interesting avenue to pursue) with an armed wacko I'm not super inclined to fight them unless there's zero other choice. With a gun to your head there's not exactly a lot of room for error.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Coyotesfan97 is a literal SME on the K9 stuff.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I've been training in Goju for about 25 years and I've seen and practiced many variations of weapons disarms. Most of the ones that actually have a chance of working depend on the person with the gun doing something very stupid, such as holding the gun close to you as they demand whatever they are demanding. If the bad guy has enough sense to keep a little distance then a disarm is a very remote possibility at best. That doesn't mean you shouldn't fight if the person shows intent. At contact distance I would rather face a gun than a knife in skilled hands, though I would rather avoid either.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Please post your favorite gun disarm methods.
    I think you'd get some great answers from the guys over at TPI, the user base is probably more dedicated to this type of training than the average member here.

Here's a link: http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I think you'd get some great answers from the guys over at TPI, the user base is probably more dedicated to this type of training than the average member here.

Here's a link: http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/
    Thanks, James.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

http://www.defenseagainstcrime.com/s...eos/taylor.htm

I have taken classes with Bob Taylor. I don't know if he still teaches or not but his were the better ones I have taken on dis-armament.

User Tag List