Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Update from IDPA Headquarters, CCP Division Wins

In my case it's less about wanting to compete with what I carry and more about I'm so broke, I can't afford to buy a dedicated competition gun. I wouldn't even be competing if I hadn't inherited my P-35.

You could do far worse than run a P-35.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    In my case it's less about wanting to compete with what I carry and more about I'm so broke, I can't afford to buy a dedicated competition gun. I wouldn't even be competing if I hadn't inherited my P-35.
    Interesting, because you said you voted for carry optics. The average IDPA match I attend has the cheapest gear (Blackhawk, Uncle Mikes, Fobus), and stock sights on many pistols. I don't forsee a large enough contingency of people ponying up $800 to put a red dot on their Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Interesting, because you said you voted for carry optics. The average IDPA match I attend has the cheapest gear (Blackhawk, Uncle Mikes, Fobus), and stock sights on many pistols. I don't forsee a large enough contingency of people ponying up $800 to put a red dot on their Glock.
    I did vote for it. I can easily see how a compact pistol with a RDS is the future of conceal carry. It's not for everyone because of the price as you pointed out, but like all other technologies, it'll get cheaper eventually. Making a division is a great way of pushing along the concept so everything is ready for mainstream adoption in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Making a division is a great way of pushing along the concept so everything is ready for mainstream adoption in the future.
    I don't think IDPA sees itself as a test bed or advocate for advances in gear.

But anyway, a lot more people have BUG guns than they do $1200 Glocks; probably a ratio of 10,000 to 1.

It isn't, but it could be. That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    When I start my Big Boy Rules shooting sport there will be one division, no classifications, and plenty of pain.
    Sounds like the CMP's Excellence In Competition program.

Site Supporter
    I got my Dillon mailer and it had an article by Duane Thomas. He was discussing the new division. His rationale and support was that us poor G19 people were getting whupped by the G34 folks. And yes, he carries a G34 as he has had numerous G19s fall apart on him. And great - you can shoot a 15 round gun with 8 rounds!

It's just baloney, blah, blah - it's a game and not carry realistic. Oh, what an intellectual breakthrough - Glenn!

I also had laugh at the IDPA journal's article on the BUG National. Mentioned that some shot full sized revolvers with special grips but short barrels. They are 'trying' to fix this. I got an idea - if it isn't a J frame, LCR, Colt Detective type or Charter Arms - it isn't a BUG! DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

I also had laugh at the IDPA journal's article on the BUG National. Mentioned that some shot full sized revolvers with special grips but short barrels. They are 'trying' to fix this. I got an idea - if it isn't a J frame, LCR, Colt Detective type or Charter Arms - it isn't a BUG! DUH!
    IDPA ought to just drop the box(es) and go with volume displacement- a graduated container, a plastic bag, and some water.

My $0.02

Just FYI. The CCP class seems to be up and running. I shot my first IDPA classifier a couple weekends ago. I used a Glock 26. I shot okay focusing on accurate shots and not speed. At least that's my excuse for shooting so slow.

I shot a 140 something which put me in marksman in every class except CCP. That time pushed me to sharpshooter for that class.

I've shot a half dozen indoor matches and one outdoor match so I'm okay with my time and classifications. I shoot IDPA to push myself to practice more and see how that carries over under stress.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List