Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: High Threat Concealment

I just bought an instructors belt from wilderness. I'm hoping it's what I've been searching for.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Is there Velcro on that Frequent Flyer belt?

From my Motorola StarTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Is there Velcro on that Frequent Flyer belt?

From my Motorola StarTAC.
    Yes.

Another vote for JM Custom Kydex. I love mine and price is good.
    If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis D. Brandeis

necropost

recently received my High Threat Spektre for the beretta 92. I've been appendix carrying various 92's in a range of holsters. This spektre is simply top notch. attention has been paid to every detail. the boltaron material seems superior to kydex although I do not yet have enough time with the holster to quite yet come to the conclusion. between this spektre and the dark star gear orion for the M9A1 it's a close call as to which I would chose. They are both top notch.

i also carry in various suede and leather holsters which are unquestionably a bit more comfortable but do not offer any help concealing the grip nor retention beyond the weight of the pistol and belt tension.

nutshell: the high threat Spektre is a winner and I will probably be ordering one for the 75 omega

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    the boltaron material seems superior to kydex although I do not yet have enough time with the holster to quite yet come to the conclusion.

What is taking you to this conclusion?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Take a look at Tenicor.

Excellent designs and first rate quality. I am in love with my new sagax lux.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    What is taking you to this conclusion?
    well I have neither the n nor the time on boltaron to conclude that as a material it is superior to kydex. I have owned 3 or 4 kydex holsters that over heavy use have worn to the point where achieving retention at the trigger guard creates binding while going in/out of holster. weather I see this with boltaron will require a little time to know. thankfully the 92 holster will get use alongside your very exceptional orion 92 holster so will be able to collect some data going forward (again n = 1).

one observation with the boltaron suggests the angles that can be created are "tighter" or rather more acute than kydex. now is this a function of the material or the process by which it achieve shape? that I do not know. the boltaron feels harder. sort of a 7075 vs 6061 analogy. now again is harder better? i would think perhaps exhibits less mechanical wear but possibly at higher risk of fracture?

Quote Originally Posted by Squib308 View Post
    one observation with the boltaron suggests the angles that can be created are "tighter" or rather more acute than kydex. now is this a function of the material or the process by which it achieve shape? that I do not know. the boltaron feels harder. sort of a 7075 vs 6061 analogy. now again is harder better? i would think perhaps exhibits less mechanical wear but possibly at higher risk of fracture?
    That's the forming method, not so much the sheet stock used. The one you have of mine is also boltaron if black or a subdued color. Truth be told, most kydex makers have been using boltaron for some time, and their social media just uses "kydex" like kleenex:tissue.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That's the forming method, not so much the sheet stock used. The one you have of mine is also boltaron if black or a subdued color. Truth be told, most kydex makers have been using boltaron for some time, and their social media just uses "kydex" like kleenex:tissue.
    interesting thank you for info. I'm glad to see various holster makers providing options for the 92 variants. otherwise I might be forced to carry a striker pistol!

User Tag List