Thread: housing and magwell guide for Kimber Custom ll

housing and magwell guide for Kimber Custom ll

want to install a magwell guide ( not the big race gun type ) but more like the S&A I have on my springfield.

Can I buy a guide and housing (S&A) and just swap out the spring and cup ........ or, since I have a firing pin safety, will I need to go to a different spring and cup? I don't want the one that just under the grip and screws. I want a one piece mag well guide. Thanks, I'll eventually get this Kimber the way I want it, but I sure do not want to ever work with the people at Kimber again. 8 weeks to fix a FTF and FTE ,,,,, ridiculous

Your spring and cup should fit the new one. The firing pin safety components are in the slide and trigger group, not the mainspring housing.

1911 Pro is a good forum with professional level gunsmiths in case you need more info.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

GA, one thing to note with the S&A is that if your Kimber has the angled cuts on the magazine well lips, a guide with angled cuts can trap a flat base magazine. Two ways to solve this, first use only magazines with base pads, second, file down the magazine guide's inner cuts to a steeper angle so that you don't get the "double angle gap".

User Tag List