Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fine vintage shooting irons in my Social Levergun

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post

Are you finding any sight visibility enhancements that can be recommended?
    We use phosphorus over here.
    https://www.facebook.com/dave.bateman.311

kimbers have more issues than time magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You know sir, I don't think flying to your neck of the woods to take your levergun class is in the cards for me anytime soon, but I'd sure plunk down some money for a DVD of the class. I wonder if there is an opportunity here? Everybody and their Delta Force cousin is teaching AR centric classes, and there are plenty of videos, but leverguns? not so much...
    The six that would sell wouldn't pay for the production, and I say six because I don't think my mother would buy more than four.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    That Martini Cadet gives me the wantsies in the worst possible way.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    In my youth, I spent a LOT of range time shooting 50ft indoor smallbore with a Peep-sighted & bull barreled Martini-Henry Cadet. It was owned by the local Rifle & Pistol club that orchestrated the whole thing.
    They sold off those rifles some years ago, but I didn't know about it until years after the fact. I'd have paid a ridiculous sum to own that rifle.

Not too terribly long ago a local show had a really nice little Cadet still in full-on military shape, chambered in .32-20, that looked like somebody left a prop from Zulu in the dryer too long. I wanted it in the worst way, but I'd pretty much shot my gun buying bolt for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    When I get home from SHOT, I ll post my 45-70 Martini Henry. The hate meter will peg.

Great stuff. I live lever guns and glad JLW is helping to keep the art alive.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    When I get home from SHOT, I ll post my 45-70 Martini Henry. The hate meter will peg.
    Only because my .577-450 Martini is so ate up that it'll keyhole at seven yards.

User Tag List