Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: American Sniper

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Man, it got dusty in here fast.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Ok, posted earlier, take back most of what I said. Read the book last summer and didn't expect the movie to be nearly as well done. Saw it last night - just amazing - left speechless and had something in my eyes. God bless the Kyle family and all our service men and women.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I finally saw it this weekend.

Honestly, I did not think it was that good.

The message and "coming home" story aspect was good, but the actual execution (technical, editing, ect) was pretty bad.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it still wasn't horrifyingly bad like Hurt Locker. That being said I went out to the theatre this weekend expecting plenty of seats for 4:30 and ended up having to wait until the 10:00 showing to even get in. I'm glad in a world where 95% of movies are basically garbage that a movie about a polite and patriotic dude kicking our enemy's asses can still rake in the dough
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it still wasn't horrifyingly bad like Hurt Locker. That being said I went out to the theatre this weekend expecting plenty of seats for 4:30 and ended up having to wait until the 10:00 showing to even get in. I'm glad in a world where 95% of movies are basically garbage that a movie about a polite and patriotic dude kicking our enemy's asses can still rake in the dough

Yeah, we saw the Saturday 10pm show and it was sold out.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I hate that watching the movie has turned into a political statement, but it's probably not hurting ticket sales.

Still on the fence about seeing it.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I hate that watching the movie has turned into a political statement, but it's probably not hurting ticket sales.

You can always get the DVD or something down the road. Personally even though it was pretty much an action movie it was still about a real good guy and didn't portray the war in a retarded anti-US way, so I'm not sorry for spending the 17 bucks to see and support it.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Unless seeing it means something to you in some sort of personal way, I would just wait until you can get it on Netflix or Redbox.

The military technicalities/advising was to the point of "campy", for me personally....add that on top on the hyper-compressed story line, and it was pretty bad. if they had used the same attention to detail that Lone Survivor, Zero Dark Thirty or Act of Valor had....and cut down the story line to the pertinent bits, it would have been an excellent movie.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...tea_party.html

Howard Dean: People Who Liked American Sniper Are "Angry," Probably in Tea Party

Frankly if someone isn't angry on some level with the groups of terrorist savages we're fighting, I sincerely question their sanity and morals. 9/11 happened 14 years ago and I still grit my teeth and get p*ssed off when I see that footage.

User Tag List