Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: American Sniper

On one of the past holiday weekends, one of the pay stations aired all of the episodes of a documentary called Bomb Patrol: Afghanistan which according to Wiki first aired in 2011. I don't know jack about EOD stuff but the dynamic between the various guys is reality show gold.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I can't recommend Bomb Patrol enough and not just because my friend was one of the film makers on that.

Inside Combat Rescue & Armadillo are both excellent & available on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Inside Combat Rescue & Armadillo are both excellent & available on Netflix.
    armadillo is legit, makes me want to get on line with random people and start buddy team rushing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Baghdad ER is a documentary of the 86th CSH in 2006 that aired on HBO. You can find the entire video on YouTube. It is real and parts are not easy to watch.
    Bless that Baghdad ER. Cannot say enough good about the MEDEVAC pilots and that ER; during our tour there in 2005-2006, it was amazing - and a blessing - on how fast our wounded were picked up, delivered and treated there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    The only other two movies I can think of off the top of my head where the audience sat silent through the closing credits are Act of Valor (a small matinee crowd) and Schindler's List.
    Watching "Saving Private Ryan" at a theater near a large Army base with a audience with a lot Infantrymen was pretty quiet - a mix of somber thoughts and respect.

Site Supporter
    American snipers widow takes husband's place in tearful hunting video. Apparently Chris Kyle was going to be working with Weatherby rifles, including doing a hunting video. So Weatherby asked his wife to participate in the video instead. Good for Wetherbey.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/2382...ching-tribute/

Original video here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk9JgGSt4to

Who knew little Rowdy Yates would grow up to be such a fine filmmaker?

Beautifully composed film IMHO.

And I don't know how the hell anyone would consider it a "pro-war" film.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Moore's a no-class dirtbag who'll say anything to get the attention his mama wouldn't give him. I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his teeth were on fire.
    Ordinarily I'd pretty much consider this an empty threat. But you have to figure with amount of eating that guy must do...the possibility of his teeth actually reaching their own flash point as a result of friction is probably not completely out of the question.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Who knew little Rowdy Yates would grow up to be such a fine filmmaker?

Beautifully composed film IMHO.

And I don't know how the hell anyone would consider it a "pro-war" film.
    Because people who could be outwitted by photoplankton automatically see an American protagonist depicted in war and assume automatically it's pro-war propaganda?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

User Tag List