Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving a few bucks on a cardboard core door is probably a bad idea.

Saving a few bucks on a cardboard core door is probably a bad idea.

One more argument for a shotgun or rifle instead of a pistol for home defense (in addition to the door issue)

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Amazing the whole thing was filmed. Apparently the defender knew the attacker? Also sounds like it was a physiologic stop and not a physiological stop. Any background on the shooting?

Another take away from the incident beyond the door and increased firepower points, notice how long it takes the police to arrive!

Many residential doors kick that easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    One more argument for a shotgun or rifle instead of a pistol for home defense (in addition to the door issue)
    I get that a shotgun or rifle is better but the pistol did it's job? The guy stopped and we're not even sure where the bad guy got hit. I did notice how much time there were between the shots, that was interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    the pistol did it's job
    Just barely.

And was I the only one to wonder why the resident did not open fire the moment the foot came through the door? Is there any doubt at all about what is happening by the time someone's foot comes through your door?

Just barely.

And was I the only one to wonder why the resident did not open fire the moment the foot came through the door? Is there any doubt at all about what is happening by the time someone's foot comes through your door?
    Ya we are on the same page. I think its because the two involved had some type of relationship but ya.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Just barely.

Immediate use of lethal force the instant that it becomes a legit option on the table isn't the response that the average person has to something like that.

The news reports I can find say that the intruder was hit in the "upper torso"...whatever that means.
    3/15/2016

Yeah, but I'm sure most people (including most gun owners) probably haven't drawn a clear line in the sand.

The disbelief that "it" was actually happening may have also caused some hesitation.

Completely understandable and reasonable. In the end, he did what he needed to....what he was supposed to do.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Believe it or not that door probably saved his life. A slightly stronger door would have bent in the middle and popped open or the jamb would have let go. Either way the guy having to fight through the door bought a few extra seconds of reaction time.

User Tag List