Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Same here. I'm a little taken aback by all of the little parts, but if it works then it works.

That said, I probably won't get one for a few months--bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Okie John
    Based on this photo, it seems to be trying to be all holsters to all people. Unsure if there's an OWB or competition answer in there, but there's a lot of recipe

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Me too. I suspect it will work a bit like the wing on the 5-Shot SME, which I think does an excellent job of tucking the butt (phrasing) without adding bulk next to the gun.
    Playing with mine so far it looks like you can choose the amount of tuck you want. No tuck, no additions. Moderate tuck, install winglet. Maximum tuck, install bumper pad + winglet.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I don't really care if a holster was designed to be all things to all people. All I care about is the ability to get it dialed in for my needs.

I'm interested in this new holster.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I think the pistol class we did with him was fall of 2012 and I could swear he was using it then. I've seen it on his FB feed over the last couple years but I remember that I never paid it much attention or gave it much credence until I saw him doing it. We did almost the entire class concealed and that's an area he excels as an instructor.
    The ironic part is watching him use a strong side Raven IWB on video is what prompted me to start considering carrying there again.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Me too. I suspect it will work a bit like the wing on the 5-Shot SME, which I think does an excellent job of tucking the butt (phrasing) without adding bulk next to the gun.
    Yup, except that now it's molded there are no breakage concerns like there would be with a kydex design when a similar feature.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'm game to T&E one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I'm game to T&E one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fred send it to me when your done. k thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This does look interesting. I too appreciate Defoor. I will be interested in what Jay has to say about it.
    I'll be happy to share my thoughts, but I'm not particularly enamored with appendix carry and there's a good chance I won't be using this holster in that carry mode - we'll see.

That looks uncomfortable as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Pretty much everyone is referring to this as an AIWB holster, but RCS is not referring to it as one. It's clearly configurable for optimized AIWB, among other configurations.
    That's true. It seems like overkill for a strong side holster though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List