Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

Slight update on the holster, after wearing it for the better part of 24 hours - not a long time. The ride height is just not right for me. It is either too low for a proper grip, or too high to conceal as well. If there was an intermediate hole, or if the holes were offset a little up or down from where they are, it would probably be perfect. I suppose that's what custom holsters are for.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    When will there be another run for sale?
    It's supposed to be available 90 days after the first run ended. That's what I read in one of their releases. Who knows what the price will be. I'm afraid it will be more.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Slight update on the holster, after wearing it for the better part of 24 hours - not a long time. The ride height is just not right for me. It is either too low for a proper grip, or too high to conceal as well. If there was an intermediate hole, or if the holes were offset a little up or down from where they are, it would probably be perfect. I suppose that's what custom holsters are for.
    That's where I'm kinda at right now.........it is either too low for a proper grip or too high to take advantage of the concealment attributes designed into the holster.

I've always wondered why you don't see attachment points set in slots, allowing for adjustment, instead of holes. I assume the hardware would have to remain super tight to keep it in place, and/or the kydex would have to be really thick to keep it from being weak and flexy with a longer slot cut into it?

Maybe a 2nd set of belt clips with the hole orientation being placed in between where they're located on the other set? Maybe that's too many pieces, I don't know? I'm still interested in trying one.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I've always wondered why you don't see attachment points set in slots, allowing for adjustment, instead of holes. I assume the hardware would have to remain super tight to keep it in place, and/or the kydex would have to be really thick to keep it from being weak and flexy with a longer slot cut into it?
    Fasteners become quite cumbersome to get most things to work well. There are only a few cases where I would want a slot for adjustment and fewer where I would trust the masses to not screw up.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    It's supposed to be available 90 days after the first run ended. That's what I read in one of their releases. Who knows what the price will be. I'm afraid it will be more.
    I wonder if they will sell them with only the accessories we need for our intended style of carry.

Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    I wonder if they will sell them with only the accessories we need for our intended style of carry.
    That's what someone told me on another forum. He's knowledgable but I'm not sure where he got the info from. He said it will be the holster then buy the accessories. The people with them now will have to help us out.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I talked with one of the Raven guys about this very issue and there are soft loops and different overhooks in the works that will allow for more adjustability in regards to ride height.

I'm not quite in SLG's boat, but I would certainly like about another 1/2-3/4" of height adjustment, especially on the area around the trigger guard...and apparently that's going to happen when the full retail launch takes place.
    3/15/2016

new Raven holster

More attachments would be a good thing. In the low ride height I can't draw properly and in the high ride height the bottom of the clip strut on the trigger guard side digs into my delicate thigh.

However the tuck pad is extremely comfortable and works really well.

User Tag List