Page 102 of 170 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1694

Thread: Airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yep. It’s been over 20 years since I last flew part 91.

You would think I would remember, given I taught commercial ground school but alas my brain only holds so much. At least I was smart enough to realize I was probably wrong and edited for accuracy
    I’ve been an active CFI for 17 years and had to look it up just to make sure.

I thought 10,000 was the altitude the PIC needed to wear (or have available) oxygen in a non pressurized aircraft on a 135 flight (or am I getting very forgetful)?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Name:  IMG_3990.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  38.8 KB

CNN reporting that the plane had a single pilot, and was cruising at 34,000 ft when intercepted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trans...investigation/

Jeff Hefner was a very experienced and capable pilot. After decades of trading in the sims at FlightSafety, I have come to believe just an average two pilot crew is far more capable than even an amazing single pilot in a jet or turboprop.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/trans...investigation/

Jeff Hefner was a very experienced and capable pilot. After decades of trading in the sims at FlightSafety, I have come to believe just an average two pilot crew is far more capable than even an amazing single pilot in a jet or turboprop.
    Redundancy certainly has its place in several areas, this being one of them.

Slight rant:
    Why is the media making such a great big deal of the Sonic boom? They're acting like it's the first time we've ever heard of such a thing. They can't mention the story at all without bringing that up more than once.

The new Honda Jet seems to have an overrun issue:

https://aviationweek.com/business-av...nway-excursion

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Redundancy certainly has its place in several areas, this being one of them.

Slight rant:
    Why is the media making such a great big deal of the Sonic boom? They're acting like it's the first time we've ever heard of such a thing. They can't mention the story at all without bringing that up more than once.
    It’s pretty rare for it to happen over a populated area.

@GyroF-16
    @Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It’s pretty rare for it to happen over a populated area.

@GyroF-16
    @Trigger
    Interesting, heard him pretty often growing up around here on the East Coast of NC. But that was some time ago.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Interesting, heard him pretty often growing up around here on the East Coast of NC. But that was some time ago.

Thanks
    There are a lot of military training areas out that way. I believe they’re allowed to do it in training areas or during emergencies when over the US.

User Tag List