Page 164 of 168 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1678

Thread: Airplanes

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    No wonder nobody retires before 65 anymore. Best of luck to DAL ALPA trying to negotiate a pay raise.
    Unfortunately - Douchbaggery is a common theme in our profession. I’ll just be happy if I don’t smash my “last landing.”

Starting a restoration/re-covering project on a friend’s 1946 Piper Cub with my dad. Dad just retired and I’m looking forward to spending the time with him.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  A4855027-AB4A-48C0-B57B-1FDACA57EF5B.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  69.9 KB

It appears my retirement was short lived. Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Name:  A4855027-AB4A-48C0-B57B-1FDACA57EF5B.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  69.9 KB

It appears my retirement was short lived. Lol
    Congratulations (I guess).

You might want to have someone look at that blemish on the vertical stabilizer……

Get ready to log more IMC in a flight than you would in a month of flying in the jet. It seems like most of the weather is in the 20s where this plane is happy.

PS: one of these days I will have to tell the story of how I was in a plane crash while at Simcom doing PC12 initial.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I like stories! Lol. I figure the owners would like to stay anonymous and I don’t want to be fired before I really get going.

Neat machine. Working with an old flying friend who’s managing it. I was laughing today saying that there was no place for me to use a rubber band or stir stick to wedge the intercom on. (737 guys will understand this...) Yeah..likely heading to PHX soon for sim.

Another crash in bad weather at a tricky airport: Truckee CA. Lots of commentary along the lines of "just divert to Reno and then hop to Truckee in the morning, or rent a car and drive up".

Juan Brown's report at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6bRnC1veyo

Original story at https://mynews4.com/news/local/autho...-tahoe-airport

TRUCKEE, Calif. (News 4 & Fox 11) — At least two people are dead after a plane trying to land at the Truckee Tahoe Airport went down in a neighborhood just north of the airport Saturday evening.
    According to a spokesperson with the airport, the fixed wing single-engine TBM aircraft went down near Glenshire Drive and Olympic Blvd. at about 6:38 p.m. on March 30.
    A Federal Aviation Administration search revealed the plane was a Daher TBM 700 registered to Avram Enterprises LLC. with an address in Incline Village, Nevada.
    It it unclear what caused the plane to crash roughly two miles north of the airport but weather conditions weren't ideal in the Sierra on Saturday night. Snow was moving through the area for most of the day. Conditions just before 7 p.m. were snowy, light winds with a visibility of roughly a half mile with below freezing temperatures.

The Truckee Tahoe Fire District said there are no survivors but are working to determine how many people were on board but at least two people are dead.

No houses in the Olympic Heights subdivision were affected by the crash but crews did have to repair some nearby railroad tracks along the Truckee River.

Prior flight records show the Daher TBM 700 plane arriving and departing the Truckee Tahoe Airport regularly including multiple times within the last week.

Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are expected to arrive on scene Sunday to continue the investigation."

Business partners and colleagues in America and Israel have identified the two people killed in a plane crash near the Truckee Tahoe Airport over the weekend.

Friends and family describe Liron and Naomi Petrushka as an Israeli couple who were entrepreneurs with three boys that moved to Incline Village from the Silicon Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    Another crash in bad weather at a tricky airport: Truckee CA. Lots of commentary along the lines of "just divert to Reno and then hop to Truckee in the morning, or rent a car and drive up".

Juan Brown's report at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6bRnC1veyo

Original story at https://mynews4.com/news/local/autho...-tahoe-airport

TRUCKEE, Calif. (News 4 & Fox 11) — At least two people are dead after a plane trying to land at the Truckee Tahoe Airport went down in a neighborhood just north of the airport Saturday evening.
    According to a spokesperson with the airport, the fixed wing single-engine TBM aircraft went down near Glenshire Drive and Olympic Blvd. at about 6:38 p.m. on March 30.
    A Federal Aviation Administration search revealed the plane was a Daher TBM 700 registered to Avram Enterprises LLC. with an address in Incline Village, Nevada.
    It it unclear what caused the plane to crash roughly two miles north of the airport but weather conditions weren't ideal in the Sierra on Saturday night. Snow was moving through the area for most of the day. Conditions just before 7 p.m. were snowy, light winds with a visibility of roughly a half mile with below freezing temperatures.

The Truckee Tahoe Fire District said there are no survivors but are working to determine how many people were on board but at least two people are dead.

No houses in the Olympic Heights subdivision were affected by the crash but crews did have to repair some nearby railroad tracks along the Truckee River.

Prior flight records show the Daher TBM 700 plane arriving and departing the Truckee Tahoe Airport regularly including multiple times within the last week.

Both the FAA and National Transportation Safety Board are expected to arrive on scene Sunday to continue the investigation."

Business partners and colleagues in America and Israel have identified the two people killed in a plane crash near the Truckee Tahoe Airport over the weekend.

Friends and family describe Liron and Naomi Petrushka as an Israeli couple who were entrepreneurs with three boys that moved to Incline Village from the Silicon Valley.
    The pilot really stacked the deck against completing a successful flight. Single pilot, single engine, boots, viz half minimums in snow at dusk into a mountainous airport using a non precision approach. He should have delayed the flight or landed short and taken up the battle again in better conditions.

High performance aircraft, low IFR conditions, icing, mountainous terrain, non-precision approach, minimally experienced PIC. Lots to go wrong. Not sure on the TBM but with my VERY limited experience with the PC-12...stall characteristics are NOT pleasant. Just because you can run the autopilot doesn’t make you a qualified aviator under all conditions.

RIP all.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    High performance aircraft, low IFR conditions, icing, mountainous terrain, non-precision approach, minimally experienced PIC. Lots to go wrong. Not sure on the TBM but with my VERY limited experience with the PC-12...stall characteristics are NOT pleasant. Just because you can run the autopilot doesn’t make you a qualified aviator under all conditions.

RIP all.
    When a single engine aircraft has a shaker and a pusher that is a clue to its stall characteristics. A test pilot friend of mine did a stall with the pusher off in the Pilatus PC 12 and it wanted to roll upside down.

This is no disrespect to the PC 12, as it is an awesome people and stuff hauler in bush Alaska. Iliamna Air taxi has, last I checked, the highest time PC 12 flying. It was head and shoulders better than the caravan they used previously. We flew a full size sofa to Alaska coming through that enormous cargo door. Pretty handy to go in back and stretch out on a sofa on a long flight! I have flown the Pilatus Porter in the Idaho backcountry, and at one point we flew a PC 12 and a Pilatus PC7.

This is my wife leaving the Colorado mountains, on the way to Boise on the last flight in the PC7 to hand it over to Mike Dillon.

Name:  IMG_0110.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  57.7 KB

User Tag List