Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul is making Glock mags now

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What type of life cycle are folks seeing from OEM Glock mags?
    Several years of range use - weekly 200 Rd Ave per week for 3 mags and they start failing to always lock back on empty some of the time. That's about what I've seen.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Magpul is a hugely successful company because they know how to make a good product at a good price, and they don't sit on their hands. Every year they come out with good stuff and even though I am not interested in most of it, there are a few of their products that I own and am very happy with it. One thing I wish they would come out with is a version of the Sig brace but maybe they have realized that the ship may be sailing on that opportunity.

They will sell thousands of these and make millions of dollars...and there will still be people that buy Glock mags by the truckload. Magpul doesn't really care, they will be making millions of dollars off of their version.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Really?
    I have Glock mags that are 10+ years old and they still work fine.
    Even if you buy 10 mags a year that's $100 a year you're saving, which is $8.34 a month.
    That's not exactly Trump money we're looking at.
    Just admit you're a Magpul groupie and stop blowing smoke with the cost savings BS.
    Let's say I buy 10 mags at $10 a pop. That is easily a $15 savings over OEM. So $250 right there. I am cheap, I support a family of four, and have two house payments.

Insofar as the groupie thing, I like smart ideas. If a new gun owner can buy more cheap mags, I'm happy. I don't have much of a relationship with Magpul; I did once upon a time when they were courting my brother to run their long range training arm but not any more. I wouldn't consider myself any kind of a groupie except I do gush over them leaving Colorado, designing stuff in the US, and making it here.

Otherwise, I don't understand the groupie thing but perhaps because I've posted two threads about Magpul's recent SHOT offerings. However, I'm used to gun forum assumptions and oddities. Oh well. I'll go change my title now
    #RESIST

I don't drink beer. As such, I see no need for beer. Thus, there should be no companies that make and sell beer.

Since I don't want beer, no other person will want it either.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I don't drink beer. As such, I see no need for beer. Thus, there should be no companies that make and sell beer.

We should hang out.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Several years of range use - weekly 200 Rd Ave per week for 3 mags and they start failing to always lock back on empty some of the time. That's about what I've seen.
    new mag springs.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    All I can say is why?
    Glock mags are already ridiculously cheap, reliable, durable and available.
    Maybe if they made a 140mm and a 170mm magazine for USPSA I'd understand the hype.
    A few posts in the subject thread on M4c by Duane Liptak seem to imply that these will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    A few posts in the subject thread on M4c by Duane Liptak seem to imply that these will be forthcoming.
    We need more people on this forum so that he'll visit us.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post

Finally, something to drive Glock OEM magazine prices back down.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List