Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Unhealthy Obsession? Pistol Accuracy...

We are diminished
    I'm not discounting Kyle's opinion along those lines whatsoever. I'm simply saying that they're formed for a specific purpose around a specific group of guys. Since the thread drifted to a general discussion about maximum pistol accuracy, my point was simply that quite a few folks can -- and want to -- do better than 4" off hand groups slowfire.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'm not discounting Kyle's opinion along those lines whatsoever. I'm simply saying that they're formed for a specific purpose around a specific group of guys. Since the thread drifted to a general discussion about maximum pistol accuracy, my point was simply that quite a few folks can -- and want to -- do better than 4" off hand groups slowfire.
    Got it. Thanks.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the excellent groups you are now shooting with the G17. Having said that have you fired the HK VP9 or the Sig P320 at 25 yards for a comparison.
    Ran in the range real quick tonight and put 10 rounds each through a P30 and VP9. Sights look a little off on the P30 maybe. These are rental guns so tough to tell round count and condition. Both are 5" extreme spread. Meh.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Bro I think your chasing something... what's your average fast time? Have you done the defoor pistol tests? There are just many things that go into shooting a pistol well and I think your group with your glock 17 is outstanding. It may be time to set a different goal.

I'm simply saying that they're formed for a specific purpose around a specific group of guys. Since the thread drifted to a general discussion about maximum pistol accuracy, my point was simply that quite a few folks can -- and want to -- do better than 4" off hand groups slowfire.
    And, at the risk of drifting this COMPLETELY off course, a group of guys who have not used a handgun as a PRIMARY operational tool in a long while. The handgun is only a primary tool for them when they're somewhere they can't carry or conceal a "real gun."

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Bro I think your chasing something... what's your average fast time? Have you done the defoor pistol tests? There are just many things that go into shooting a pistol well and I think your group with your glock 17 is outstanding. It may be time to set a different goal.

I think you're absolutely right. I may still mess around here and there trying to shoot that elusive "100," but after trying the FAST for DOTW last week, it's clear to me that I've got some work to do. To answer your question, mid-fives, but with at least one or two misses, so that makes it more like mid-sevens. I will focus my time and energy with the pistol moving forward on building multi-hit/transitional speed skills. That said, I may also be getting a hook up on a P226SAO, so that will maybe give me a little more leverage toward my goal of shooting the "100."
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    That said, I may also be getting a hook up on a P226SAO, so that will maybe give me a little more leverage toward my goal of shooting the "100."
    You may find that trigger time with a 226 helps you shoot a Glock better.

Okie John

User Tag List