Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are these Sig's worth?

What are these Sig's worth?

Hey guys, I've been looking for a nice 9mm P226 and P228 (German) for a little while. Found a local guy with one of each. Not a huge fan of the nickel, but I can Cerakote it later. What do you think they are worth? He is asking $925 for the pair. Here is the info I have from the seller..

"I saw your posting on MGO looking for an older Sig P226 or P228 without rails. I happen to have both, and have extra mags available. P226 is from 1995, but in great shape. I have 3 10 Rd mags and 4 15 Rd mags. P228 is Nickel finish slide from 2004 and has 5 10 Rd mags."

Thanks,
    Bryan

Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Not an expert but am a big Sig fan. I'd say that's a more than fair price. Just throw the 10 rd mags in the trash.

$925 for the pair? I'd jump on that like a chicken on a June bug!
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

$925 for the pair is excellent.

I've seen Sigs running for $500-600 each used. Some believers in the German Sigs are better might pay more, but I personally don't.

If you do buy them here are a couple of vendors to keep in mind:
    http://www.topgunsupply.com/
    TGS is pretty much my go to place for Sig stuff. They stock most Sig parts, holsters, tools, and such. And they ship quick.

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php
    Pretty much my go to place for magazines, in particular they often stock styles that TGS might not. Like the nickel Mecgar magazines, I prefer nickel over blued. Like TGS they ship quick, I still shop with him even though he moved to Florida (so I pay sales tax).

I've been browsing TopGunSupply most of the morning. I'll be replacing the grips for sure. Not a fan of the Hogues. Mags seem reasonable, I'm used to HK mags. I haven't owned a Sig in a while. Will be nice to get back to them..

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Not an expert but am a big Sig fan. I'd say that's a more than fair price. Just throw the 10 rd mags in the trash.

Or sell them cheap to me!

Price for the two seems decent to good. Maybe you can get him down a bit. Either way, less than $500 for a real nice condition SIG P series is a good deal.

Unless you have the hands of Godzilla, the Houge grips are not worth the effort.

This guy is killing me. Just sent me an email telling me he has a P225, same condition, 6 mags for $450...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by bglimpse View Post
    This guy is killing me. Just sent me an email telling me he has a P225, same condition, 6 mags for $450...
    Big thread on the P225 here on the forum. If it is a real P225 and not a P6, then I'd sure be tempted. Maybe you can get all 3 for $1200-1300?

That's pretty much the going rate for used classic SIGs, based on what I've seen in AZ.

User Tag List