Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Importance of simple gun internals

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I like fewer parts when I am detail stripping the gun.

The other 99.999999999% of the time, I really just care if the gun works well. I've yet to see any evidence that guns with more parts are less reliable or less durable. The steering mechanism in your car probably has far more parts than your pistol. How many times has your steering system failed?
    LIKE button...
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Bad analogy. The R&D, engineering and safety regulations that go into launching a new cars steering system probably dwarf the engineering budget of the top 5 pistol manufacturers.

But whatever. So long as a gun is working great and you have no reason or desire to tear it down; golden.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Parts count is most useful for trying to dominate the interwebZ, following a variation of "I like my gun because it has so few parts," or "your gun sucks because it has too many parts."

Way off topic, but would anyone guess that when Nyeti and I went cruising gun shops last week, he spent more time in the train shop than all the gun shops combined. Fortunately no multiple form was necessary for buying three locomotives.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Parts count is most useful for trying to dominate the interwebZ, following a variation of "I like my gun because it has so few parts," or "your gun sucks because it has too many parts."

Way off topic, but would anyone guess that when Nyeti and I went cruising gun shops last week, he spent more time in the train shop than all the gun shops combined. Fortunately no multiple form was necessary for buying three locomotives.
    Dude, I can’t believe you outed him like that.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

Importance of simple gun internals

While the BMW vs Yugo comparison I apt, I have seen countless Yugos maintained with nothing more than wire and rakia. And what those gypsies can do to them is bind blowing....

However in the 1st world, I'd much rather have a BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I knew there was something likable about him! I'll admit it is my only interest that either is not tied to my livelyhood or doesn't have armies of statists trying to take from me. As such, it brings me a large degree of relaxation.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 01-23-2015 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I was there two weeks earlier and already cleaned the gun shops out of the good stuff......... Those three locomotives were a STEAL and worth 5 times what I paid, so I was really happy.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I'll admit it is my only interest that either is not tied to my livelyhood or doesn't have armies of statists trying to take from me. As such, it brings me a large degree of relaxation.
    I wondered why I was enjoying this camera bug that bit me so much, and you just hit the nail on the head. Thank you.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Once again I find myself pining for a "Like" button.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Once again I find myself pining for a "Like" button.
    Because my favorite person on the internet gets it........

Lionel made HO trains are pretty rare..........three running matched Texas Lines locomotives in the box for $30.00, SCORE!!!!

Oh yea, I am carrying a high parts count HK VP9 with an X300 IWB under my shirt.........just so we don't get too far off track.

User Tag List