Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Muslim terrorist squad hits satirical paper in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Good article by Friedman in the NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/21/op...ml?ref=opinion

Some people get it. Guess who doesn't.
    If Obama has lost Friedman he's pretty much lost the beltway crowd, which leaves only his core constituency on the upper West Side, the cities of the Left Coast, and the denizens of the faculty lounges.

Site Supporter
    You nailed it on the faculty lounges.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    My dad may or may not have had possession of a few personal 1911 magazines and some Winchester Super Match ball ammo. And a .22 snub. And a KaBar with a IWB sheath to carry old school Bowie knife style. Or oddly had an E-tool laying around where it was always easy to get to.
    And that E-tool may or may not have had sharpened edges.

The old wooden handled ones were the best for that. Wistful sigh......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    If Obama has lost Friedman he's pretty much lost the beltway crowd, which leaves only his core constituency on the upper West Side, the cities of the Left Coast, and the denizens of the faculty lounges.
    It's just Phase-I of sucking up to Hillary.
    I have zero doubt that if BHO was able to run for a third term, that article would never have been written.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Interpol: allowing citizens to carry guns in public is most effective way to prevent terror attacks

In an exclusive interview with ABC News, Noble said there are really only two choices for protecting open societies from attacks like the one on Westgate mall where so-called “soft targets” are hit: either create secure perimeters around the locations or allow civilians to carry their own guns to protect themselves.
    I made a face reading that...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Lordy someone sees the light.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

No!!! It would be like the Wild West, blood running in the streets! People getting into shootouts over parking places!

Site Supporter
    They should carry cans of escargot!

There will be snails in the street!

With that rabbi in Europe arguing for Jews to carry and statements like this - of course, carry will be permitted in Europe! Or maybe not. Want to bet?

Site Supporter
    One thing to bear in mind with the interpol comments is that they were made by Secretary Noble in October 2013, with regard to the Westgate attack. (I just remember reading those comments -- I think they were in the NRA magazine). Mr. Noble is not the Secretary General anymore, he retired from that position in November. (It is interesting that he appears to be a law professor at NYU --not a bad thing). Anyway, the new secretary is German, and Noble's comments weren't made after the France attacks. http://www.interpol.int/News-and-med...2014/N2014-215
    Just seems like a lot of the internet commentary seems to imply that those comments were made in recent days.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    One thing to bear in mind with the interpol comments is that they were made by Secretary Noble in October 2013, with regard to the Westgate attack. (I just remember reading those comments -- I think they were in the NRA magazine). Mr. Noble is not the Secretary General anymore, he retired from that position in November. (It is interesting that he appears to be a law professor at NYU --not a bad thing). Anyway, the new secretary is German, and Noble's comments weren't made after the France attacks. http://www.interpol.int/News-and-med...2014/N2014-215
    Just seems like a lot of the internet commentary seems to imply that those comments were made in recent days.
    Good catch. Thanks!
    The 10-News article is dated this month, but didn't date the quote from Interpol. I didn't check the ABC news (linked reference) date.

User Tag List