Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 34 for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    No.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2
    Well crap. But thank you! Seeing as Lone Wolf has a pretty decent sale, I am considering a G35 upper and playing in Limited...
    Last edited by 45dotACP; 01-08-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Looks like I might stick it out with the CZ afterall. While the first round thing is a problem, the subsequent rounds are far easier with the SA trigger on the CZ.

Went to the range this last Thursday with a friend and borrowed a G34 from him. The results are seen below. The head is the CZ, all shot SA, and the body is the G34. Not slow-fore, not rapid-fire, just press the trigger as soon as the sights are on the target. Not only is the CZ grouping more centered on the target, but it's tighter as well.

Site Supporter
    Does your first round DA shot on the CZ land in a similar spot to your Glock group - low left?

Big time low left, like down around the elbow for a COM shot.

What I discovered, however, is that even my SA first shots from the holster are down around the armpit. With the G34, first shot, last shot, whatever are all in the same, wider, area as one another.

What I've come to is that I only fire one first shot over stage, I can always make it up (excepting limited scoring), and it's better to have 17 shots in a 5" circle with one flier than 17 shots spread out over twice that area.

Also bear in mind, no practicing. No time, no interest, no care. I'm not looking to improve my skills, I'm looking for the toy that best masks the lack thereof.

I may, yet, swap out the trigger in the borrowed G34 for a whiz bang and see if it changes anything. I'm going to shoot the gun as-is in a classifier this coming Tuesday night to compare to last months CZ classifier. Then I may try to shoot another G34 classifier with a cheater trigger and see how that goes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Also bear in mind, no practicing. No time, no interest, no care. I'm not looking to improve my skills, I'm looking for the toy that best masks the lack thereof.
    OK, thanks for being upfront.

Good luck finding your toy.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm not looking to improve my skills, I'm looking for the toy that best masks the lack thereof.
    In my limited experience, the 1911 does a good job at this, once you get it running.

Rob, I thought mastering the DA and the DA/SA transition was on every shooter's bucket list? I bet in less time than it takes to update your rifle thingee, you could go out and own that DA trigger on the CZ. Grip the crap out of the pistol, and row through it without staging -- bet you would be surprised how quickly it feels like your friend.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Rob, I thought mastering the DA and the DA/SA transition was on every shooter's bucket list? I bet in less time than it takes to update your rifle thingee, you could go out and own that DA trigger on the CZ. Grip the crap out of the pistol, and row through it without staging -- bet you would be surprised how quickly it feels like your friend.
    I know it's hard for people on this forum to grasp, but this really is a hardware thread, not a software thread. I have no "shooter's bucket list", I do not enjoy shooting for shooting's sake in the least anymore, I have no desire to accumulate varied skills with vp varied systems platforms, and shooting for me is primarily about the social aspects of attending matches and other events.

I know exactly what I would need to do if I cared in the slightest about mastering anything, and I lack the time, interest, patience, and inclination to do it. As it is, I barely get time to get to matches (which, again, is the entire point of having guns like this), so the likelihood of chasing the dry fire fairies or going to the range to practice is nil.

Quote Originally Posted by pdb View Post
    In my limited experience, the 1911 does a good job at this, once you get it running.

If I thought I could get my dream trifecta of 1911s for less than a quarter of the $10k that it prices out at currently, I would happily go down that road.

As it stands right now it appears that the CZ for competition and the throwaway plastic guns for defense are the way to go for me.

My response was about half in jest, but if you are serious, and want that CZ SA trigger, without the full two to three hours necessary to figure out how run it, you can:

1) just fire the first shot anywhere down range more than 10 feet from you

2) thumb cock after the beep

3) start with an empty chamber and rack her Israeli style

Shouldn't diminish the social aspects of the match at all.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List