Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce NXS 1-4, still relevant?

I've been asked not to say. I will say though, it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I've been asked not to say. I will say though, it will be worth it.
    Will it---whatever it is---be larger or smaller than the current nxs 1-4? That's part of why I like it. I promise. Last wheedling question.

Larger, but as far as size and weight, barely.

An option would be to get a 1-4 now, and when this other unobtanium :-) becomes available, either switch to it or add it. NF scopes hold their value well if you decide to sell it.

Also, the 1-4 will very shortly have an upgrade.

An option would be to get a 1-4 now, and when this other unobtanium :-) becomes available, either switch to it or add it. NF scopes hold their value well if you decide to sell it.

Daylight visible illumination? Daylight visible illumintaion? Tell me it's daylight visible illumination!!!

Site Supporter

Nightforce NXS 1-4, still relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Daylight visible illumination? Daylight visible illumintaion? Tell me it's daylight visible illumination!!!
    While it's certainly a good feature, I don't really think it is a necessity like I used to. This is especially true when the reticle has a very good, bold aiming reference like the Nightforce FC reticles. Daylight visible illumination can also lead to getting rid of really handy reticle features. E.g., USO 1-4 DFP segmented circle was an awesome reticle with or without illumination, but the reticles in their newer scopes are dependent on illumination for the close range aiming feature.
    Last edited by joshs; 01-05-2015 at 08:24 PM.

*sigh*
    Shortly...as in SHOT? NRA?

Will it truly be an upgrade, like the Aimpoint T1 to T2 price-wise, or will it be like the T1, T2, where it "spawns another model"?

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    While it's certainly a good feature, I don't really think it is a necessity like I used to. This is especially true when the reticle has a very good, bold aiming reference like the Nightforce FC reticles. Daylight visible illumination can also lead to getting rid of really handy reticle features. E.g., USO 1-4 DFP segmented circle was an awesome reticle with or without illumination, but the reticles in their newer scopes are dependents on illumination for the close range aiming feature.
    This is what draws me to the NXS, in addition to the size and weight and reputation for being bomb-proof. Even without illumination, it's extremely useful. In fact, so much so, that while hefting Frank's rifle, I never even turned the illumination on, much to my current dismay at not having seen it for myself in person.

I like my S&B Short dot a lot. It sits on my SR15. But a scope worthy of mention is the new dual focal plane scope from US optics. Nice daylight usable dot in the second focal plane, and a reticle in the first focal plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    *sigh*
    Shortly...as in SHOT? NRA?

Will it truly be an upgrade, like the Aimpoint T1 to T2 price-wise, or will it be like the T1, T2, where it "spawns another model"?
    I'm sorry, I really can't say anything else. However, it is possible that someone else in this thread may have already spilled the beans.

I'm sorry, I really can't say anything else. However, it is possible that someone else in this thread may have already spilled the beans.
    Fair enough. If it's not out after NRA, I'll buy the NXS F3G 1-4X unless my mind changes...again. Like you said, NF seems to hold value. I'll just sell and consider the $100 or so lost "payment for rent"! if the new one is that much better. Thanks again!

User Tag List