Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 P-01... Glock 19 replacement?

P07 mags at GregCoteLLC.com
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    Looking for a hammer fired DA/SA alternative to my Glock 19. A couple reasons have prompted this... 1. Im looking to train away any issues I have with DA first shots 2. AIWB reholstering made easier and 3. Im itching for a new platform!

The P-01 seems perfect on paper... Ive also considered a P229r and a USP 9c. The CZ is loaded with features and comes in at a lower price. Theres plenty of aftermarket support too which is nice.

Any thoughts?
    DGI, what is your intended application or operation? (CCW, Competition, Home Defense, Duty, etc.) Your selection could turn on things like weight/width. I carry a SDP (P-01 with manual safety, Short Reset, thin grips), and I find it works great with an IWB holster worn at 4-5 O'clock position. The guys that I know who carry a duty P229r despise them FWIW, although I have never owned one. I find the CZ triggers superior to the USP. In fact the CZ triggers are the best that I have found for a DA/SA gun, although I have not yet tried a Brigadier Tactical Beretta 92G from Wilson. Has anyone tried one of the Brigadier's yet?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Thanks to GJM for the link.

It also seems Safariland is now making ALS holsters for the P07.

Quote Originally Posted by imp1295 View Post
    GJM and a few others have had pretty good success and reports with the P-01. I had serious magazine issues caused during a few courses due to sand etc. But, no issues on the square range.

This thread http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...01-Mink-Shadow is what lead me down the CZ road initially.

I've since moved on to the LEM (P30 and P2000 - which is also similar to G19 in size). YMMV.
    Is the overall height of the P2000 with a flat base plate shorter then the G19?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Stopped by CZ Custom in Mesa. They have a new P01 Protek model with nicer grips and a short reset trigger. Very sweet carry gun.
    That's good news. If I stick it out with the CZ Custom Shadow Target I may want a similar carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The USPc 9mm is the worst DA trigger I have tried. Just did not work for me.

I had a P-01 but I like the trigger of the P-07 and how it handles and recoils better. That said unless someone else here can show us, it seems that p-07 15 round mags are hard to find.
    http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...P-07+9MM+15RD+

The 16 rounders are cheaper though

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Is the overall height of the P2000 with a flat base plate shorter then the G19?
    Not to totally derail the thread, but they are about the same height. With the grip length from the trigger guard a bit shorter on the HK

Sent from my brain housing group.

I could care less about what handguns individuals choose to own, carry and use.

From an organizational standpoint, what is PRACTICAL are those handguns which have proven to be durable, reliable, easily serviced, have plentiful armorer support, good parts and accessories availability, readily acquired holsters, and solid vendor CS. At this time in the US, that basically that boils down to Glock and S&W M&P, with perhaps an outside nod to HK and a far distant maybe for Beretta and Sig.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Let's just say it -- there is NO obvious replacement to a Glock 19. Other companies have been trying for a few decades, and it still hasn't happened. There are fancier, more expensive, more exciting, more accurate alternatives, but the Glock 19 is the category leader by a country mile. Reading the CCP IDPA rules, it could have been called "Glock 19" class.

Time to bet one of those PF dollars. Of all the other attractive pistols out there, if it turns out well, the one that I think may have the most promise to be a Glock 19 category contender is the Sig 320 model with the 3.8" +/- barrel and the 15 round magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

How is the reset on the P07/P09?

User Tag List