Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W M&P15 Sport review

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't think I can own a heavy profile barrel again.
    ...and one of the things that stinks is that if you buy the gun due to budget, and figure you'll just get it turned down in the future when you've got some more cash.......no luck. Most places won't touch the hardened barrel, as far as I know. So you pretty much have to buy a new barrel.

Shame, as it really is a great quality gun....especially for the price.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    Follow the links, I think he got 1 1/4 100yd. groups.
    From the links I've found, it was someone else. Still good to know.

The barrel isn't actually a heavy profile, it's kinda in between. Stock the gun carries rather light in the hand, and definitely doesn't feel front heavy.

I'll note that the fire control parts appear to be MIM, and it's the smoothest stock AR trigger I have seen yet. Very slick finish on that parts.

I need to do some more accuracy testing. I was getting 1 1/4" with M855 at the 75 from hasty prone, repeatedly, with the gun hot or not. I know that's not exactly a Molon post on the subject, but my first thought was to make sure the gun worked. Doesn't matter if it's gnat's ass accurate it it chokes a bunch.

This is good to know. My future son-in-law bought one of these a while back, and proudly brought it to me. We field-stripped it, cleaned it, shot it, cleaned it again, etc. for several "cycles". My opinion was, "Its LOOKS okay, and ACTS okay, but… how long is it gonna hold up??? "

Things like the no dust cover on the ejection port were a bit off-putting. But I'm smart enough to know that is simply my bias showing. I have since had some experience with another one, and it too has been boringly reliable and acceptably accurate. The key here is that neither one has been "run hard"… hence my hesitation to be fully satisfied.

Now I'm satisfied.

Thanks, Chuck. Your testing confirms my initial impressions and very limited round count. My M&P Sport is just stupid reliable and accurate.

I don't believe the Sport has a heavy barrel - rather, for reasons of economy, it doesn't have barrel material removed to allow the mounting of the M203 grenade launcher. As a grenade launcher is of limited utility for plinking or home defense, I don't mind the plain barrel profile.

I'm very happy with my choice of the Sport.
    http://notonemoregunlaw.blogspot.com/

User Tag List